Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Script to parse a XML tag Post 302733121 by Yoda on Monday 19th of November 2012 08:45:17 PM
Old 11-19-2012
If that xml tag does not have a different attribute, you can simply do:-
Code:
awk -F\" '/property name=/ { print $(NF-1); } ' xml_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching XML tag in a script

Hey, I need to parse the following XML to just grab the Customer ID. Is there any RegEx that can achieve this ? So in this example, the script just return 0000109654, as the output. Even if it involves awk, sed please let me know. ************ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhandari
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Trying to parse a xml file for only one tag

I have a xml file in where I need to parse only a particular tag and print the output in the shell script. Here is the tag info in the xml file <dp:file> This is dp file output </dp:file> Output should be printed as This is dp file output. Please help.Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to insert a tag in XML

Hi All, I need a help on inserting a XML tag. Actual input <var> <nam>abcd</nam> <a1>.</a1> </var> if tag <a1>.</a1> is getting missed in XML like below <var> <nam>abcd</nam> </var> i need to insert wherever it is missed after <nam> tag and before </var> tag. Could anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML files with spaces in the tag name, parse & display?

Greetings all, I have an XML file that is being generated from my application, here is a sample of the first tag (That I am trying to remove and display in a list..) Example- <tag one= "data" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag one= "data1" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiline html tag parse shell script

Hello, I want to parse the contents of a multiline html tag ex: <html> <body> <p>some other text</p> <div> <p class="margin-bottom-0"> text1 <br> text2 <br> <br> text3 </p> </div> </body> (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SorcRR
15 Replies
Parser::Style::Stream(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Parser::Style::Stream(3)

NAME
XML::Parser::Style::Stream - Stream style for XML::Parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::Parser; my $p = XML::Parser->new(Style => 'Stream', Pkg => 'MySubs'); $p->parsefile('foo.xml'); { package MySubs; sub StartTag { my ($e, $name) = @_; # do something with start tags } sub EndTag { my ($e, $name) = @_; # do something with end tags } sub Characters { my ($e, $data) = @_; # do something with text nodes } } DESCRIPTION
This style uses the Pkg option to find subs in a given package to call for each event. If none of the subs that this style looks for is there, then the effect of parsing with this style is to print a canonical copy of the document without comments or declarations. All the subs receive as their 1st parameter the Expat instance for the document they're parsing. It looks for the following routines: o StartDocument Called at the start of the parse . o StartTag Called for every start tag with a second parameter of the element type. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the tag and the %_ variable will contain attribute values supplied for that element. o EndTag Called for every end tag with a second parameter of the element type. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the end tag. o Text Called just before start or end tags with accumulated non-markup text in the $_ variable. o PI Called for processing instructions. The $_ variable will contain a copy of the PI and the target and data are sent as 2nd and 3rd parameters respectively. o EndDocument Called at conclusion of the parse. perl v5.18.2 2011-05-24 Parser::Style::Stream(3)