Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding a text file from a group of zip files without unzipping Post 302733097 by karthikk0508 on Monday 19th of November 2012 06:53:17 PM
Old 11-19-2012
i used a zipgrep command. But i think i had to install the utility to actually make it work. I m fairly new to Solaris administration actually. So i m seeking some help here. When i unzip the file in windows it actually has lot of files. And there are about 50 zip files and i had to unzip each of them..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzipping .zip file on HP and Solaris

I am transferring a large .zip file (20 GB) from an NT server to HP-UX and Solaris servers. Originally I tried to use info-zip's unzip, but I found out pretty quickly that it does not support files over 4GB. Any suggestions on how to work around this problem? Different decompression utility?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Alter zip file without unzipping

I have some zip files. Every file has a "folder/xml file" inside it. Is there any way to change these zip files directly without unzipping them. I want to convert these zip files to "/xml file" (want to move the xml file/s one root up by removing the folder inside it.) Ex: -bash-3.00$ for file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _prasad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping latest zip file by name.

I have these zip files that come in with the same name, but different versions. We'll say: SQL_version2.zip SQL_version3.zip SQL_version2432.zip I was wondering if there is a single command (or even piped command, thus still making it a single command) that will let me unzip the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping windows zip files on Sun sparc workstation

I've got to install and compile some C++ source code that has been developed on a windows box on a Sun sparc workstation. Can I simply e-mail myself some windows zip files and then download and unzip them on the sparc box? I've tried this on a linux openSUSE machine and it works fine but I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achartley
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group files and zip

Hi I have 4 files in a folder and I am supposed to group and zip them via a mapping file as such: Group. Filename 1. A.txt 1. B.txt 2. C.txt 2. D.txt Result should be 2 zip files - 1.zip and 2.zip created with the contents being the text file. How can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightrider
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Only File Name in Zip File With out Unzipping It

How i print just only the file name in the zip file. unzip -l AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Archive: AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Length Date Time Name -------- ---- ---- ---- 62665745 11-19-13 10:43 AAC_20130930_v13.xml -------- ------- 62665745 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through the dir and Rename zip files and their underlying text file.

I have files in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.zip format under a directory. Each zip file contains A text file in the ABC_YYYYMMDD.txt format. I am trying to create a script that will Rename the zip files and their underlying text file replacing the datepart in them with . For eg: in the case of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash987
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)							 1							ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)

ZipArchive::open - Open a ZIP file archive

SYNOPSIS
mixed ZipArchive::open (string $filename, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a new zip archive for reading, writing or modifying. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file name of the ZIP archive to open. o $flags - The mode to use to open the archive. o ZipArchive::OVERWRITE o ZipArchive::CREATE o ZipArchive::EXCL o ZipArchive::CHECKCONS RETURN VALUES
o $Error codes - Returns TRUE on success or the error code. o ZipArchive::ER_EXISTS File already exists. o ZipArchive::ER_INCONS Zip archive inconsistent. o ZipArchive::ER_INVAL Invalid argument. o ZipArchive::ER_MEMORY Malloc failure. o ZipArchive::ER_NOENT No such file. o ZipArchive::ER_NOZIP Not a zip archive. o ZipArchive::ER_OPEN Can't open file. o ZipArchive::ER_READ Read error. o ZipArchive::ER_SEEK Seek error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Open and extract <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip'); if ($res === TRUE) { echo 'ok'; $zip->extractTo('test'); $zip->close(); } else { echo 'failed, code:' . $res; } ?> Example #2 Create an archive <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip', ZipArchive::CREATE); if ($res === TRUE) { $zip->addFromString('test.txt', 'file content goes here'); $zip->addFile('data.txt', 'entryname.txt'); $zip->close(); echo 'ok'; } else { echo 'failed'; } ?> PHP Documentation Group ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)