Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linux fork, execv, wait question Post 302733083 by jim mcnamara on Monday 19th of November 2012 06:18:51 PM
Old 11-19-2012
Please post this in the homework forum. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

simple fork question

When executing this simple program: #include <unistd.h> void main() { int f; printf("\n Parent procces ID=%d\n",getpid()); f=fork(); if(f==0) { printf("\n Child process ID=%d father=%d\n",getpid(),getppid()); } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb666
2 Replies

2. AIX

Question on High I/O Wait

Hi Group, We have 4 p590 with AIX 5.2 and ML06. The servers are connected to the external SAN (hitachi drives). When running the vmstat or topas command, I see that there is a high I/O wait. It sometimes crosses 90% and the average is over 55%. The server is expeiencing high performance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brookingsd
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i use fork,sleep,wait and write in a process with father and son..??

Hi.. I was unable to do (gcc code) which refers to the fork,wait,sleep and write.. what i want to do: A process of father create (fork) a son and will sleep 90 seconds..After this, son process create a grandchild and will sleep 60 seconds..Grandchild process will sleep for 30 seconds..After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gumlucin
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fork wait in background process - large delay

hi all, We are trying to run a process in the background and in the process we call fork ;and wait for the child process to finish .We find that the died = wait(&status); happens after 10 seconds randomly and sometimes completes in time (within 1 sec) This behavior is seen only when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu.priya
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Fork wait in background process - large delay

hi all, We are trying to run a process in the background and in the process we call fork ;and wait for the child process to finish .We find that the died = wait(&status); happens after 10 seconds randomly and sometimes completes in time (within 1 sec) This behavior is seen only when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnu.priya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about wait

I have a shell script that i want to run and then wait 30 minutes before running the rest of the script. When I google the "wait" command, it seems to work for waiting for child processes or some pid to stop. How do I wait for 30 minutes before continuing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

7. Programming

Beginners question about fork

Hi everyone: I'm developing a dynamic library for notifications, this library is used for a daemon that i've programmed, when something goes wrong the library should send an email to an administrator, but since sending an email is a non-vital process then it can fail (it should work as an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

8. Programming

multiple fork() question

I writing a program that forks three times but only on the parent process. The three children processes then produces output in order. 1, 2, 3. I am confused on how to do this. I have tried multiple if and else if statements but the output does not come out right. How should I go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TWhitt24
1 Replies

9. Programming

Newbie question on exec,fork, wait,pipe C

Hello everybody.I want to make clear that i am not going to ask from anybody to build my asignement but i have a big problem. I can't seem to find anywhere ONE good example on C about what i am trying to do:wall:.I think it is simple. All i ask is one example, even a link is fine. So, i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cuervo
1 Replies

10. Programming

question about fork

i'm experimenting fork function and i found this code #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <wait.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { int fd; pid_t p; p = fork(); fork(); if (p>0) { fork();} fork(); fork();... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blob84
6 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)