Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris PostgreSQL - Adding to SVCS list. Post 302733055 by bartus11 on Monday 19th of November 2012 04:50:46 PM
Old 11-19-2012
Can you post output of:
Code:
svccfg export svc:/application/database/postgresql

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

svcs command on solaris 8 and 9

Hi, Can anybody tell me what is the command to start and stop services on solaris 8. I found command svcs on solaris 10 but not on 8 or 9. Please guilde me. Thanks, Rucha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rucha_mahajan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a list of numbers 3 by 3

i have a list of numbers like this; 124 235 764 782 765 451 983 909 ... and i want to make a sum with the first 3 of them then the next 3 and so on. 124+235+764=1123 782+765+451=1998 ... some ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need svcs equivalent command

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. Can someboby help me with the svcs equivalent command in HP-UX ??? svcs is command that we use in Solaris for service status. I need to get the status of services in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 svcs failures

upon rebooting the solaris 10 system, all the services went offilne or uninitialised. If I break the SVM mirror and reboot the system with the raw device, all services are up. Once I recreate a fresh mirror(metadevices) and reboot, it goes offline again. Needed to do svcadm clear <service> to bring... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Characters to a Word List

If I had a word list with a large amount of words in it, how would I (using a unix command) add, say, 123 to the end of each word? EDIT: The word list is stored in a large text file. I need a command that applies the ending to each word in the file and saves the result in a new text file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: evillion
7 Replies

6. Solaris

svcs showing online* status

Hi Experts I am getting following status # svcs wbem STATE STIME FMRI online* 18:19:29 svc:/application/management/wbem:default /var/svc/log/application-management-wbem:default.log is being flooded with following message (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
5 Replies

7. Solaris

svcs command shows the state as disabled

Hi I need to export a directory named /sybase from my solaris machine via NFS. The svcs command shows the state as disabled. Please let me know how to export the directory. Once the directory is exported from the solaris machine it has to be mounted locally in an aix machine. Can some one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 svcs failures

I have a solaris 10 machine that was working fine until the system crashed after a power failure. Now, after the system boots up, several services go into maintenance mode. offline 8:54:59 svc:/milestone/multi-user-server:default offline 8:54:59... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishani3831
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check & use output of svcs command

Hello Dear Friends, I need to check output of svcs command and so the status of some instances. -bash-3.00$ svcs -a | grep rfe online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_3:default online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_4:default as you can see there are two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a List of Times

Hey gang, I have a list of times I need to sum up. This list can vary from a few to a few thousand entries. Now I had found a closed reference to adding time titled "add up time with xx:yy format in bash how?" In it, the example works great for that formatted list of times... This is the reply code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
5 Replies
svc.configd(1M)                                                                                                                    svc.configd(1M)

NAME
svc.configd - Service Management Facility repository daemon SYNOPSIS
/lib/svc/bin/svc.configd svc.configd is the repository daemon for the Service Management Facility. svc.configd is invoked automatically during system startup, and restarted if any failures occur. svc.configd should never be invoked directly. Interaction with svc.configd is by way of libscf(3LIB) and the command line tools:svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), and svccfg(1M). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), libscf(3LIB), attributes(5) 27 Oct 2004 svc.configd(1M)