Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems extracting some information Post 302732577 by Skirmish on Sunday 18th of November 2012 01:21:25 PM
Old 11-18-2012
Yes, that shows me the last modification time and last access time, but only for the files accessed and modified within the last 24 hours. I would be also interested in those files accessed within the last 24 hours, but not modified...

Thank you for your answer anyway Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from a template

I have a template that I usually use to generate stats on an hourly basis for a number of cell sites altogether. I would like to be able to write a script that would go to the template and extract the information for any single site at any time during the day. For example, let's say that my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting information from text fields.

Dear friends, I'm a novice Unix user and I'm trying to learn the ropes. I have a big task I have to accomplish and I'm convinced Unix can get the job done, I just haven't figured out how. I recently posted on the topic of cutting text between unique text patterns and somebody helped me a great... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with extracting information

Hi all, <select name="comp" id="comp" style="width:130px;"> <?php $sqlcomp = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM comp"); while ($redcomp = mysql_fetch_array($sqlcomp)) { extract($redcomp); echo "<option value=\"$comp_id\">comp_name</option>"; } ?> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching two file contents and extracting associated information

Hi, I am new to shell programming and need help. I have File1 with some ID numbers and File2 with ID number and some associated information. I want to match the ID numbers from File1 to contents in File2 and output a third file which pulls out the ID numbers and the associated information with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
2 Replies

5. Programming

extracting information from lines, put them into arrays

hi I need a little help writing this small perl script. I'm trying to extract the values from each line in a file and find the average for example cat school Highschool 100, 123, 135 Middleschool 41, 67, 54 Elementary 76, 315, 384 ./average.pl highschool: 119.3 middleschool: 54... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gengar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting information from multiple files

Hello there, I am trying to extract (string) information ( a list words) from 4 files and then put the results into 1 file. Currently I am doing this using grep -f list.txt file1 . and repeat the process for the other 3 files. The reasons i am doing that (a) I do know how to code (b) each file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting relevant information from syslogs.

I need to analyse some syslogs and I want to print out all the lines containing SSH connections to the inside interface of the firewall and ignore lines where the originating port is 22. So basically I want to print all matches after "to inside:" that contains /22 and ignore lines where /22 occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information using awk

I want to write a script that extracts a value from a line of text. I know it can be done using awk but I've never used awk before so I don't know how to do it. The text is: Mem: 100M Active, 2150K Cache, 500M Buf, 10G Free I want to extract the free memory value to use as a variable. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extracting information from DDL's

Dear Experts, I need your help here. I have lot of teradata DDL's as follows, i want to extract field names , field attributes and NOT NULL information from DDL.Could you please help here. Sample DDL: CREATE MULTISET TABLE APS_CALL_IN_PICKUP_CANCELED ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from XML to excel

Hi, I am trying to extract information from a XML file and write it to a excel sheet. I am not sure where to start from. Here is the content from my input XML file. <com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.properties.FolderProxyGroupContainer plugin="nectar-rbac@4.5"> <groups> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies
TMPWATCH(8)						   System Administrator's Manual					       TMPWATCH(8)

NAME
tmpwatch - removes files which haven't been accessed for a period of time SYNOPSIS
tmpwatch [-u|-m|-c] [-MUXadfqstvx] [--verbose] [--force] [--all] [--nodirs] [--nosymlinks] [--test] [--fuser] [--quiet] [--atime|--mtime|--ctime] [--dirmtime] [--exclude path] [--exclude-user user] [--exclude-pattern pattern] time dirs DESCRIPTION
tmpwatch recursively removes files which haven't been accessed for a given time. Normally, it's used to clean up directories which are used for temporary holding space such as /tmp. When changing directories, tmpwatch is very sensitive to possible race conditions and will exit with an error if one is detected. It does not follow symbolic links in the directories it's cleaning (even if a symbolic link is given as its argument), does not switch filesystems (including non-trivial bind mounts), skips lost+found directories owned by the root user, and only removes empty directories, regular files, symbolic links, and on some systems also unused sockets. By default, tmpwatch dates files by their atime (access time), not their mtime (modification time). If files aren't being removed when ls -l implies they should be, use ls -u to examine their atime to see if that explains the problem. If the --atime, --ctime or --mtime options are used in combination, the decision about deleting a file will be based on the maximum of these times. The --dirmtime option implies ignoring atime of directories, even if the --atime option is used. The time parameter defines the threshold for removing files. If the file has not been accessed for time, the file is removed. The time argument is a number with an optional single-character suffix specifying the units: m for minutes, h for hours, d for days. If no suffix is specified, time is in hours. Following this, one or more directories may be given for tmpwatch to clean up. OPTIONS
-u, --atime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's atime (access time). This is the default. Note that the periodic updatedb file system scans keep the atime of directories recent. -m, --mtime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's mtime (modification time) instead of the atime. -c, --ctime Make the decision about deleting a file based on the file's ctime (inode change time) instead of the atime; for directories, make the decision based on the mtime. -M, --dirmtime Make the decision about deleting a directory based on the directory's mtime (modification time) instead of the atime; completely ignore atime for directories. -a, --all Remove all file types, not just regular files, symbolic links and directories. On systems where tmpwatch can remove unused sockets, make the decision only based on file times, ignoring possible use of the socket. -d, --nodirs Do not attempt to remove directories, even if they are empty. -f, --force Remove root-owned files even if root doesn't have write access (akin to rm -f). -l, --nosymlinks Do not attempt to remove symbolic links. -q, --quiet Report only fatal errors. -s, --fuser Attempt to use the "fuser" command to see if a file is already open before removing it. Not enabled by default. Does help in some circumstances, but not all. Dependent on fuser being installed in /sbin. Not supported on HP-UX or Solaris. -t, --test Don't remove files, but go through the motions of removing them. This implies -v. -U, --exclude-user=user Don't remove files owned by user, which can be an user name or numeric user ID. -v, --verbose Print a verbose display. Two levels of verboseness are available -- use this option twice to get the most verbose output. -x, --exclude=path Skip path; if path is a directory, all files contained in it are skipped too. If path does not exist, it must be an absolute path that contains no symbolic links. -X, --exclude-pattern=pattern Skip paths matching pattern; if a directory matches pattern, all files contained in it are skipped too. pattern must match an abso- lute path that contains no symbolic links. SEE ALSO
cron(1), ls(1), rm(1), fuser(1) AUTHORS
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com> Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 2009-10-15 TMPWATCH(8)