Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems extracting some information Post 302732571 by msabhi on Sunday 18th of November 2012 01:17:33 PM
Old 11-18-2012
Code:
find . -name "*" -type f -mtime -1  -exec stat -c "{} %x %y" {} \;

---------- Post updated at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:15 PM ----------

And if you want those angles

Code:
find . -name "*" -type f -mtime -1  -exec stat -c "<{}> <%x> <%y>" {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from a template

I have a template that I usually use to generate stats on an hourly basis for a number of cell sites altogether. I would like to be able to write a script that would go to the template and extract the information for any single site at any time during the day. For example, let's say that my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting information from text fields.

Dear friends, I'm a novice Unix user and I'm trying to learn the ropes. I have a big task I have to accomplish and I'm convinced Unix can get the job done, I just haven't figured out how. I recently posted on the topic of cutting text between unique text patterns and somebody helped me a great... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with extracting information

Hi all, <select name="comp" id="comp" style="width:130px;"> <?php $sqlcomp = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM comp"); while ($redcomp = mysql_fetch_array($sqlcomp)) { extract($redcomp); echo "<option value=\"$comp_id\">comp_name</option>"; } ?> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching two file contents and extracting associated information

Hi, I am new to shell programming and need help. I have File1 with some ID numbers and File2 with ID number and some associated information. I want to match the ID numbers from File1 to contents in File2 and output a third file which pulls out the ID numbers and the associated information with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
2 Replies

5. Programming

extracting information from lines, put them into arrays

hi I need a little help writing this small perl script. I'm trying to extract the values from each line in a file and find the average for example cat school Highschool 100, 123, 135 Middleschool 41, 67, 54 Elementary 76, 315, 384 ./average.pl highschool: 119.3 middleschool: 54... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gengar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting information from multiple files

Hello there, I am trying to extract (string) information ( a list words) from 4 files and then put the results into 1 file. Currently I am doing this using grep -f list.txt file1 . and repeat the process for the other 3 files. The reasons i am doing that (a) I do know how to code (b) each file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting relevant information from syslogs.

I need to analyse some syslogs and I want to print out all the lines containing SSH connections to the inside interface of the firewall and ignore lines where the originating port is 22. So basically I want to print all matches after "to inside:" that contains /22 and ignore lines where /22 occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information using awk

I want to write a script that extracts a value from a line of text. I know it can be done using awk but I've never used awk before so I don't know how to do it. The text is: Mem: 100M Active, 2150K Cache, 500M Buf, 10G Free I want to extract the free memory value to use as a variable. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extracting information from DDL's

Dear Experts, I need your help here. I have lot of teradata DDL's as follows, i want to extract field names , field attributes and NOT NULL information from DDL.Could you please help here. Sample DDL: CREATE MULTISET TABLE APS_CALL_IN_PICKUP_CANCELED ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from XML to excel

Hi, I am trying to extract information from a XML file and write it to a excel sheet. I am not sure where to start from. Here is the content from my input XML file. <com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.properties.FolderProxyGroupContainer plugin="nectar-rbac@4.5"> <groups> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. The TZ variable will continue to work until Dec 2013 at which point it will be removed. Other deprecated config variables The following config variables have been deprecated, but will continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date): TZ (removed Dec 2013) The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: IntCharSet GlobalCnf PersonalCnf PathSep IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnfPath ConvTZ Internal TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ ResetWorkdDay today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjunction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)