Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Versions of HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Versions of HP-UX Post 302732555 by drl on Sunday 18th of November 2012 11:44:27 AM
Old 11-18-2012
Hi.

I agree in principle with the response from jim mcnamara

However, I think there are some differences between Linux and HP-UX. If you desire an HP-UX experience, the site Polarhome - gateway to freedom offers free (non-administrative) access to a number of different platforms including HP-UX.

The version I currently use there is:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: HP-UX, B.11.11, 9000/712
Distribution        : GenericSysName [HP Release B.11.11]

See web page for details on access.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

too many linux versions

hi all, im very new to linux, i want to install it on my laptop along side windows nt, there are so many versions of linux, i dont know which one to use, could i get some advice please on which one i should use and how to go about installing it, (do i need a partition ?) thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katekuti
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions?

can someone tell me a shell-script to convert an older version of a file with the current one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deeptia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of UNIX

Hi all: I was just wondering if someone could tell me what versions of UNIX are available to public? I'm aware of all the available distro's for Linux e.g. Debain, SuSe, RedHat, etc ... However you never really here much about UNIX distro's! Is UNIX BDS a common one in use? Thanks Oliver (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliver79
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Versions

I need to collect the software versions for various pieces of software installed on my SunOS box. is there a software listing somewhere? Any help on how to do that would be very much appreciated. Thanks, GBWR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GBWR
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions?

I got my hands on a HP9000/380 and need a (really) old version of HP-UX, like 7 or 8. Is there any vendor who sells older versions? I did a quick search here and checked the FAQ and HPs HP-UX site but couldn't find anything. :confused: Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of HP-UX or AIX

Can I install a HP-UX or IBM AIX in my home pc?. It is a Intel Pentium 4 of 64 bits. Is there any version for me?. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt1978
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris versions

Hi, Does anyone know if the various releases of Solaris are archived anywhere? I work for a DR company and it would be useful to have different releases of a Solaris version number i.e. Solaris 10 6/06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What are these kernel versions?

2.6.32-028stab094.3 x86_64 vs 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64 and where can i download the first one? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suffeks
1 Replies

9. Linux

Different versions of Linux

Hello Friends, Please anyone share with me, the name of different versions of Linux? Which are the latest versions of Linux ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
2 Replies

10. Fedora

All different versions of UNIX

Hello, I am very new at this and would like to know how many versions of Unix there are and all of the different versions of unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosanna azani
3 Replies
KERBEROS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       KERBEROS(8)

NAME
kerberos -- introduction to the Kerberos system DESCRIPTION
Kerberos is a network authentication system. Its purpose is to securely authenticate users and services in an insecure network environment. This is done with a Kerberos server acting as a trusted third party, keeping a database with secret keys for all users and services (collec- tively called principals). Each principal belongs to exactly one realm, which is the administrative domain in Kerberos. A realm usually corresponds to an organisation, and the realm should normally be derived from that organisation's domain name. A realm is served by one or more Kerberos servers. The authentication process involves exchange of 'tickets' and 'authenticators' which together prove the principal's identity. When you login to the Kerberos system, either through the normal system login or with the kinit(1) program, you acquire a ticket granting ticket which allows you to get new tickets for other services, such as telnet or ftp, without giving your password. For more information on how Kerberos works, and other general Kerberos questions see the Kerberos FAQ at https://www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/krb/kerberos-faq.html. For setup instructions see the Heimdal Texinfo manual. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), kdestroy(1), kinit(1), klist(1), kpasswd(1), telnet(1) HISTORY
The Kerberos authentication system was developed in the late 1980's as part of the Athena Project at the Massachusetts Institute of Technol- ogy. Versions one through three never reached outside MIT, but version 4 was (and still is) quite popular, especially in the academic commu- nity, but is also used in commercial products like the AFS filesystem. The problems with version 4 are that it has many limitations, the code was not too well written (since it had been developed over a long time), and it has a number of known security problems. To resolve many of these issues work on version five started, and resulted in IETF RFC 1510 in 1993. IETF RFC 1510 was obsoleted in 2005 with IETF RFC 4120, also known as Kerberos clarifications. With the arrival of IETF RFC 4120, the work on adding extensibility and internationalization have started (Kerberos extensions), and a new RFC will hopefully appear soon. This manual page is part of the Heimdal Kerberos 5 distribution, which has been in development at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stock- holm, Sweden, since about 1997. HEIMDAL
September 1, 2000 HEIMDAL