Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing to specific line in file bash script Post 302732101 by in2nix4life on Friday 16th of November 2012 03:15:38 PM
Old 11-16-2012
If you have access to Perl, you could try something like this:

Code:
perl -lane '$x = 2222;print "Match Found: $_ -> $1" if /.*?($x)/' file

Match Found: bbbb2222 -> 2222

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that read specific fileds from the 7th line in a file

Dear All, I need a unix script that will read the 7th line and especially these fileds from a file Mo speed 16, Mt speed 15 every 15 minutes starting from 00:00 to 23:45 on daily basis and put the result in a txt file and name it MT_MO_20090225.txt, please also note that the system date format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the value from a specific line and column BASH

Hi All, I have the same problem as the one posted in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/96097-how-read-value-specific-line-column-csh-variable.html but I'm using bash. Can anyone tell me how I have to modify the code to make it bash compatible? eval `awk 'NR==3{print "set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn/bash Script to monitor a file a check for specific data

Hi, Im trying to write this script but im stuck on it, basicaly what i want to do is to write a code to verify a log file ( apache log file for example ) and for each new line with specific data , then, output this new line for another file: full ex: output of the server.log is (... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thales.Claro
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a number in a text file with a specific value

My project is to get a temperature reading from a refridgerator every 2 minutes and check to see if the door has been left open. I don't yet have the mastery of Linux, being a complete noob, but I reckon I need a text file with the latest temperature reading in it. This I've managed to do by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fitch
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for inserting line at specific place in file

I use zentyal for my server admin, which is great but zentyal auto-generates config file on boot and hence overwrites any changes made directly to config files. In order to allow multiple user access to a MS ACCESS database, I need to customise the smb.conf file and add the following line to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Appending to specific line in file

I'm working on a personal project, a multiplication quiz script for my kids. In it, the user's performance will be recorded and written to a file. After they've played it a little while, it will start to focus more on the ones that give them the most trouble-- that take a long time to answer or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)