Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Large file data handling issue Post 302731311 by methyl on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 07:34:57 PM
Old 11-14-2012
Is this "file" actually a "stream" with no record terminators?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Need to split a large data file using a Unix script

Greetings all: I am still new to Unix environment and I need help with the following requirement. I have a large sequential file sorted on a field (say store#) that is being split into several smaller files, one for each store. That means if there are 500 stores, there will be 500 files. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAIK
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from large file 80+ million records

Hello, I have got one file with more than 120+ million records(35 GB in size). I have to extract some relevant data from file based on some parameter and generate other output file. What will be the besat and fastest way to extract the ne file. sample file format :--... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner16s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX File handling -Issue in reading a file

I have been doing automation of daily check activity for a server, i have been using sqls to retrive the data and while loop for reading the data from the file for several activities. BUT i got a show stopper the below one.. where the data is getting store in $temp_file, but not being read by while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Severe performance issue while 'grep'ing on large volume of data

Background ------------- The Unix flavor can be any amongst Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and Linux. I have below 2 flat files. File-1 ------ Contains 50,000 rows with 2 fields in each row, separated by pipe. Row structure is like Object_Id|Object_Name, as following: 111|XXX 222|YYY 333|ZZZ ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Advice regarding filesystems handling large number of files

Hi All, I have a CentOS operating system installed. I work with really huge number of files which are not only huge in number but some of them really huge in size. Minimum number of files could be 1 million to 2 million in one directory itself. Some of the files are even several Gigabytes in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file handling issue

I have a huge file semicolon( ; ) separated records are Pipe(|) delimited. e.g abc;def;ghi|jkl;mno;pqr|123;456;789 I need to replace the 50th field(semicolon separated) of each record with 9006. The 50th field can have no value e.g. ;; Can someone help me with the appropriate command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File handling issue

Hi All, I am running into an issue. I have a very big file. Wants to split it in smaller chunks. This file has multiple header/ trailers. Also, between each header/trailer there are records. Number of records in each header trailer combination can vary. Also, headers can start with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output large volume of data to CSV file

I have a program that output the ownership and permission on each directory and file on the server to a csv file. I am getting error message when I run the program. The program is not outputting to the csv file. Error: the file access permissions do not allow the specified action cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large File masking incorrectly happening Ç delimeter issue

The OS version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 I have a script to mask some columns with **** in a data file which is delimeted with Ç , I am using awk for the masking , when I try to mask a small file the awk works fine and masks the required column , but when the file is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser8092
6 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_rr_print, ldns_rdf_print, ldns_pkt_print, ldns_rr_list_print, ldns_resolver_print, ldns_zone_print- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> void ldns_rr_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rr *rr); void ldns_rdf_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rdf *rdf); void ldns_pkt_print(FILE *output, const ldns_pkt *pkt); void ldns_rr_list_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rr_list *list); void ldns_resolver_print(FILE *output, const ldns_resolver *r); void ldns_zone_print(FILE *output, const ldns_zone *z); DESCRIPTION
ldns_rr_print() Prints the data in the resource record to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to rr: the resource record to print Returns void ldns_rdf_print() Prints the data in the rdata field to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to rdf: the rdata field to print Returns void ldns_pkt_print() Prints the data in the DNS packet to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to pkt: the packet to print Returns void ldns_rr_list_print() print a rr_list to output output: the fd to print to list: the rr_list to print ldns_resolver_print() Print a resolver (in sofar that is possible) state to output. output: the fd to print to r: the resolver to print ldns_zone_print() Print a zone structure * to output. Note the SOA record is included in this output output: the fd to print to z: the zone to print AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_rr2str, ldns_rdf2str, ldns_pkt2str, ldns_rr_list2str, ldns_key2str. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)