Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command playing with me!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed command playing with me! Post 302731061 by bmk on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 06:16:43 AM
Old 11-14-2012
or else simply take the first column append to output file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

2. SCO

Help! Playing with Xenix!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to retrieve old files from my Xenix computers. So the option I've now come down to is to load up a second harddrive and do a doscp of my tar'd backup file. Now, How do I go about this? I am not a unix user myself so I'm not quite sure. I need help! I have a VERY short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slaughter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing games from another directory?

If "photopia.dat" is a game. To play it, you would normally type "frotz photopia.dat" (assuming you are in the directory where photopia.dat resides). But what if I'm in my home directory, photopia.dat is in the "games" directory, and I want to play it without switching directories? What command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ffmpeg: capture audio that's playing (command line)

I'd like to capture the audio playing in itunes (OSX) to a file (from the command line). I currently use Wiretap Pro, but i'd like a non-gui. I tried installing sox, but after installing about 40-50 dependencies it crashed out. I do have ffmpeg working and I am pretty sure it can capture what's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed scripts are not playing nicely!

I am having a lot of trouble, wasting a lot of time trying to get sed script files to run without problem. I have a list of scripts I want to run on a text file to turn it into a viewable html file for my mobile phone. Each of the single scripts when run in order/sequence one after another on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naphelge
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not playing

This is my crontab: MAILTO="" # m h dom mon dow command # Check to see if the fridge door has been left open * * * * * fridgedoor #Get temperature readings from fridge and save to monthly file in Downloads 30 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * fridge 40 0 * * * sendfridge * * * * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fitch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with parameters

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
PSC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PSC(1)

NAME
psc - prepare sc files SYNOPSIS
psc [-fLkrSPv] [-s cell] [-R n] [-C n] [-n n] [-d c] DESCRIPTION
Psc is used to prepare data for input to the spreadsheet calculator sc(1). It accepts normal ascii data on standard input. Standard out- put is a sc file. With no options, psc starts the spreadsheet in cell A0. Strings are right justified. All data on a line is entered on the same row; new input lines cause the output row number to increment by one. The default delimiters are tab and space. The column for- mats are set to one larger than the number of columns required to hold the largest value in the column. OPTIONS
-f Omit column width calculations. This option is for preparing data to be merged with an existing spreadsheet. If the option is not specified, the column widths calculated for the data read by psc will override those already set in the existing spreadsheet. -L Left justify strings. -k Keep all delimiters. This option causes the output cell to change on each new delimiter encountered in the input stream. The default action is to condense multiple delimiters to one, so that the cell only changes once per input data item. -r Output the data by row first then column. For input consisting of a single column, this option will result in output of one row with multiple columns instead of a single column spreadsheet. -s cell Start the top left corner of the spreadsheet in cell. For example, -s B33 will arrange the output data so that the spreadsheet starts in column B, row 33. -R n Increment by n on each new output row. -C n Increment by n on each new output column. -n n Output n rows before advancing to the next column. This option is used when the input is arranged in a single column and the spreadsheet is to have multiple columns, each of which is to be length n. -d c Use the single character c as the delimiter between input fields. -P Plain numbers only. A field is a number only when there is no imbedded [-+eE]. -S All numbers are strings. -v Print the version of psc SEE ALSO
sc(1) AUTHOR
Robert Bond PSC 7.16 19 September 2002 PSC(1)