Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where does id / getent query ? Post 302730719 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 13th of November 2012 01:39:55 PM
Old 11-13-2012
Have a look at /etc/nsswitch.conf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Solaris

getent not working, solaris 10 only

Hello, thanks in advance for any help! We use LDAP for our unix boxes When I run getent passwd on solaris 10, it only returns some of the ldap entries, not all. Aprox 300 of 4000. When i run the same command on linux or solaris 9, it comes back correct. my nsswitch file is good. I ran a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getent hosts

korn shell script on Solaris getent hosts <hostname> returns IP FQDN But I just want the output to be like this <hostname> IP things I have tried so far getent hosts <hostname> |awk '{print $2,$1}' using awk and substr getent hosts <hostname> |nawk '{print substr($2,1,5)}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies
audit_user(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_user(4)

NAME
audit_user - per-user auditing data file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_user DESCRIPTION
audit_user is an access-restricted database that stores per-user auditing preselection data. You can use the audit_user file with other authorization sources, including the NIS map audit_user.byname and the NIS+ table audit_user. Programs use the getauusernam(3BSM) routines to access this information. The search order for multiple user audit information sources is specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4). The lookup follows the search order for passwd(4). The fields for each user entry are separated by colons (:). Each user is separated from the next by a newline. audit_user does not have general read permission. Each entry in the audit_user file has the form: username:always-audit-flags:never-audit-flags The fields are defined as follows: username User's login name. always-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to always audit. never-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to never audit. For a complete description of the audit flags and how to combine them, see audit_control(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the audit_user File other:lo,am:io,cl fred:lo,ex,+fc,-fr,-fa:io,cl ethyl:lo,ex,nt:io,cl FILES
/etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/passwd /etc/security/audit_user ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The file format stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), audit_control(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2003 audit_user(4)