Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware HP Compaq 6710 - Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Post 302727713 by wakatana on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 06:28:10 PM
Old 11-06-2012
Problem solved
LAN/WLAN switching have to be turned off in the BIOS settings
HP-Compaq 6710B [LinLap - Linux Laptop Wiki]

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compaq Scsi

Howto make Debian GNU/Linux install boot on a Compaq DeskPro XL 590 with Compaq SCSI diskdrive? The problem is that Compaq's Scsi controller sems to be odd. help please :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller\intel(r) pro/wireless 2200bg network conne

Hi , all I have the same problem as posted by stakes20 , but i could not find these drivers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibasit
4 Replies

4. Solaris

intel pro 100

HI All, I am having an intel pro 100 lan card , can any body tell me how to install the lan card driver for it into solaris 9. Thnaks, Ajay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay234
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help In Compaq Tru64 UNix

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I need help in working with Compaq-UX TRU64 OS. How It work FTP Server? ANd MAil Server? and I have apach pprogram project and it work as HTTP Server. Also I need how can setup a new version of progrm on UNix like mozilla and adobe reader etc........... Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svuad
3 Replies

6. Linux

intel wireless disassociates its self

I have an Intel wireless 4965 device. It works on some networks but on most it does not. I've noticed that I have a lot of the following messages pretty much non-stop going to console... wlan0: associate with AP 00:00:00:00:00:00 wlan0: RX ReassocResp from 00:00:00:00:00:00 (capab=0x421... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osulinux
0 Replies

7. SCO

install NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000

hi I have a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.6 and I have download a NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000: ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/drivers/eeG_5.0.7g/VOL.000.000 Howto install it using floppy? ---------- Post updated at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:18 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

8. Hardware

HP Compaq 6710 - Strange network problems

Hi gurus, I am experiencing strange networks problems. I am trying to teather internet from HTC Desire S with Android. Basicly I followed those instructions: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android_Tethering#Procedure 1.) Enable USB Debugging - Phone: Settings --> Applications -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies
ACPI_HP(4)						 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						ACPI_HP(4)

NAME
acpi_hp -- ACPI extras driver for HP laptops SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device acpi_hp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): acpi_hp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The acpi_hp driver provides support for ACPI-controlled features found on HP laptops that use a WMI enabled BIOS (e.g. HP Compaq 8510p and 6510p). The main purpose of this driver is to provide an interface, accessible via sysctl(8), devd(8) and devfs(8), through which applications can determine and change the status of various laptop components and BIOS settings. devd(8) Events Devd events received by devd(8) provide the following information: system "ACPI" subsystem "HP" type The source of the event in the ACPI namespace. The value depends on the model. notify Event code (see below). Event codes: 0xc0 WLAN on air status changed to 0 (not on air) 0xc1 WLAN on air status changed to 1 (on air) 0xd0 Bluetooth on air status changed to 0 (not on air) 0xd1 Bluetooth on air status changed to 1 (on air) 0xe0 WWAN on air status changed to 0 (not on air) 0xe1 WWAN on air status changed to 1 (on air) devfs(8) Device You can read /dev/hpcmi to see your current BIOS settings. The detail level can be adjusted by setting the sysctl cmi_detail as described below. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctls are currently implemented: WLAN: dev.acpi_hp.0.wlan_enabled Toggle WLAN chip activity. dev.acpi_hp.0.wlan_radio (read-only) WLAN radio status (controlled by hardware switch) dev.acpi_hp.0.wlan_on_air (read-only) WLAN on air (chip enabled, hardware switch enabled + enabled in BIOS) dev.acpi_hp.0.wlan_enabled_if_radio_on If set to 1, the WLAN chip will be enabled if the radio is turned on dev.acpi_hp.0.wlan_disable_if_radio_off If set to 1, the WLAN chip will be disabled if the radio is turned off Bluetooth: dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_enabled Toggle Bluetooth chip activity. dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_radio (read-only) Bluetooth radio status (controlled by hardware switch) dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_on_air (read-only) Bluetooth on air (chip enabled, hardware switch enabled + enabled in BIOS) dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_enabled_if_radio_on If set to 1, the Bluetooth chip will be enabled if the radio is turned on dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_disable_if_radio_off If set to 1, the Bluetooth chip will be disabled if the radio is turned off WWAN: dev.acpi_hp.0.wwan_enabled Toggle WWAN chip activity. dev.acpi_hp.0.wwan_radio (read-only) WWAN radio status (controlled by hardware switch) dev.acpi_hp.0.wwan_on_air (read-only) WWAN on air (chip enabled, hardware switch enabled + enabled in BIOS) dev.acpi_hp.0.wwan_enabled_if_radio_on If set to 1, the WWAN chip will be enabled if the radio is turned on dev.acpi_hp.0.wwan_disable_if_radio_off If set to 1, the WWAN chip will be disabled if the radio is turned off Misc: dev.acpi_hp.0.als_enabled Toggle ambient light sensor (ALS) dev.acpi_hp.0.display (read-only) Display status (bitmask) dev.acpi_hp.0.hdd_temperature (read-only) HDD temperature dev.acpi_hp.0.is_docked (read-only) Docking station status (1 if docked) dev.acpi_hp.0.cmi_detail Bitmask to control detail level in /dev/hpcmi output (values can be ORed). 0x01 Show path component of BIOS setting 0x02 Show a list of valid options for the BIOS setting 0x04 Show additional flags of BIOS setting (ReadOnly etc.) 0x08 Query highest BIOS entry instance. This is broken on many HP models and therefore disabled by default. dev.acpi_hp.0.verbose (read-only) Set verbosity level Defaults for these sysctls can be set in sysctl.conf(5). HARDWARE
The acpi_hp driver has been reported to support the following hardware: o HP Compaq 8510p o HP Compaq nx7300 It should work on most HP laptops that feature a WMI enabled BIOS. FILES
/dev/hpcmi Interface to read BIOS settings EXAMPLES
The following can be added to devd.conf(5) in order disable the LAN interface when WLAN on air and reenable if it's not: notify 0 { match "system" "ACPI"; match "subsystem" "HP"; match "notify" "0xc0"; action "ifconfig em0 up"; }; notify 0 { match "system" "ACPI"; match "subsystem" "HP"; match "notify" "0xc1"; action "ifconfig em0 down"; }; Enable the ambient light sensor: sysctl dev.acpi_hp.0.als_enabled=1 Enable Bluetooth: sysctl dev.acpi_hp.0.bt_enabled=1 Get BIOS settings: cat /dev/hpcmi Serial Port Disable Infrared Port Enable Parallel Port Disable Flash Media Reader Disable USB Ports including Express Card slot Enable 1394 Port Enable Cardbus Slot Disable Express Card Slot Disable (...) Set maximum detail level for /dev/hpcmi output: sysctl dev.acpi_hp.0.cmi_detail=7 SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpi_wmi(4), sysctl.conf(5), devd(8), devfs(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The acpi_hp device driver first appeared in FreeBSD CURRENT. AUTHORS
The acpi_hp driver was written by Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> It has been inspired by hp-wmi driver, which implements a subset of these features (hotkeys) on Linux. HP CMI whitepaper: http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/cmi_whitepaper.pdf wmi-hp for Linux: http://www.kernel.org WMI and ACPI: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pnppwr/wmi/wmi-acpi.mspx This manual page was written by Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> BUGS
This driver is experimental and has only been tested on CURRENT i386 on an HP Compaq 8510p which featured all supported wireless devices (WWAN/BT/WLAN). Expect undefined results when operating on different hardware. Loading the driver is slow. Reading from /dev/hpcmi is even slower. Additional features like HP specific sensor readings or writing BIOS settings are not supported. BSD
June 30, 2009 BSD