Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Send email from outlook to server Post 302722565 by scasey on Saturday 27th of October 2012 02:15:06 PM
Old 10-27-2012
That error indicates that the domain in the email address -- y.com in your example -- is not resolvable by the exchange server. The problem is not with the unix server. The exchange server has to be able to "see" y.com.

If this is a test setup, add y.com to the exchange server's hosts file. Check the MS site for the location on your version of Windows, I'm not sure where it's located.

If a "live" situation, then y.com does not have the correct DNS setting to receive mail...no MX record in the zone - if that's the case, no one can send mail to it, not just exchange.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not?

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not? I ma trying to send mail to my gmail id using command sendmail -s "Subject" abc@gmail.com Hi How are you? . It showed that You are not allowed to send mail. My question is there any file which contains the list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email from unix server

HI Guys, I want send email from my script ..and i have tried below command still no luck. ( uuencode $Adm "Test.txt" ) | mailx -s "Test" P***.P****@at***.com mailx -s "test mail" P****.P***@at***.com < $Admin Any other option.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to send an email to a Linux Server?

Hello All, I was curious if its possible to send an email (in reverse) to a linux server from an email client (like Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc...)? I know it's possible to send an email FROM a Linux Server TO a email address, but I tried to just 'reply' to the Linux Servers address that sent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
PIUS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PIUS(1)

NAME
pius - PGP Individual UID Signer SYNOPSIS
pius [options] -s <signer-keyid> <keyid> [<keyid> ...] pius [options] -A -r <keyring-path> -s <signer-keyid> DESCRIPTION
pius The PGP Individual UID Signer (PIUS) is a tool for individually signing all of the UIDs on a set of keys and encrypt-emailing each one to it's respective email address. This drastically reduces the time and errors involved in signing keys after a keysigning party. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h or --help show this help message and exit -a or --use-agent Use pgp-agent instead of letting gpg prompt the user or every UID. [default: false] -A or --all-keys Sign all keys on the keyring. Requires -r. -b PATH or --gpg-path=PATH Path to gpg binary. [default: /usr/bin/gpg] -e or --encrypt-outfiles Encrypt output files with respective keys. -d or --debug Enable debugging output. -H HOSTNAME or --mail-host Hostname of SMTP server. [default: localhost] -i or --interactive Use the pexpect module for signing and drop to the gpg shell for entering the passphrase. [default: false] -I or --import Also import the unsigned keys from the keyring into the default keyring. Ignored if -r is not specified, or if it's the same as the default keyring. -m EMAIL or --mail Email the encrypted, signed keys to the respective email addresses. EMAIL is the address to send from. See also -H and -p. -M FILE or --mail-text Use the text in FILE as the body of email when sending out emails instead of the default text. To see the default text use --print- default-email. Requires -m. -n EMAIL or --override-email Rather than send to the user, send to this address. Mostly useful for debugging. -o OUTDIR or --out-dir Directory to put signed keys in. [default: /tmp/pius_out] -O or --no-pgp-mime Do not use PGP/Mime when sending email. -p or --cache-passphrase Cache private key passphrase in memory and provide it to gpg instead of letting gpg prompt the user for every UID. [default: true] -P PORT or --mail-port Port of SMTP server. [default: 25] -r KEYRING or --keyring The keyring to use. Be sure to specify full or relative path. Just a filename will cause GPG to assume relative to ~/.gnupg. [default: ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg] -s SIGNER or --signer The keyid to sign with (required). -S or --mail-tls Use STARTTLS when talking to the SMTP server. -t TMP_DIR or --tmp-dir Directory to put temporary stuff in. [default: /tmp/pius_tmp] -T or --print-default-email Print the default email. -u USER or --mail-user Authenticate to the SMTP server, and use username USER. You will be prompted for the password. Implies -S. -v or --verbose Be more verbose. AUTHOR
PIUS was written by Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com> This manual page was written by Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). MARCH 2010 PIUS(1)