Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xlib and keyboard events
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users xlib and keyboard events Post 302721429 by DGPickett on Thursday 25th of October 2012 11:35:07 AM
Old 10-25-2012
If you only want the keyboard when your window is in focus, and you do not want it to echo, buffer, enhance or translate input, that echo and such is in the tty layer, not the X. You might be able to divert the keyboard for feeding the tty, but why?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. Programming

Xlib mouse events and ButtonPressMask

I have written a simple program which will report key press and release events for a particular window. In my case, it is mostly the terminal since I invoke the program from the terminal. I am able to get the key press and release events taking place in the terminal window (I have used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav.zoso
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies
tk_focusNext(n) 					       Tk Built-In Commands						   tk_focusNext(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_focusNext, tk_focusPrev, tk_focusFollowsMouse - Utility procedures for managing the input focus. SYNOPSIS
tk_focusNext window tk_focusPrev window tk_focusFollowsMouse _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
tk_focusNext is a utility procedure used for keyboard traversal. It returns the "next" window after window in focus order. The focus order is determined by the stacking order of windows and the structure of the window hierarchy. Among siblings, the focus order is the same as the stacking order, with the lowest window being first. If a window has children, the window is visited first, followed by its children (recursively), followed by its next sibling. Top-level windows other than window are skipped, so that tk_focusNext never returns a window in a different top-level from window. After computing the next window, tk_focusNext examines the window's -takefocus option to see whether it should be skipped. If so, tk_focusNext continues on to the next window in the focus order, until it eventually finds a window that will accept the focus or returns back to window. tk_focusPrev is similar to tk_focusNext except that it returns the window just before window in the focus order. tk_focusFollowsMouse changes the focus model for the application to an implicit one where the window under the mouse gets the focus. After this procedure is called, whenever the mouse enters a window Tk will automatically give it the input focus. The focus command may be used to move the focus to a window other than the one under the mouse, but as soon as the mouse moves into a new window the focus will jump to that window. Note: at present there is no built-in support for returning the application to an explicit focus model; to do this you will have to write a script that deletes the bindings created by tk_focusFollowsMouse. KEYWORDS
focus, keyboard traversal, top-level Tk 4.0 tk_focusNext(n)