Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete characters from the last "/" Post 302720757 by inaki on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 03:17:37 PM
Old 10-24-2012
Delete characters from the last "/"

Hi,

I have a text file with some lines like this:
Code:
/MEDIA/DISK1/23568742.MOV 
/MEDIA/DISK1/87456321.AVI 
/MEDIA/DISK2/PART1/45753131.AVI 
/IMPORT/44452.WAV 

I don't konw how to delete all characters from the last "/" and the text file looks like this:

Code:
/MEDIA/DISK1/
/MEDIA/DISK1/
/MEDIA/DISK2/PART1/
/IMPORT/

Thank you.

Iñaki

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete characters from each line until meet character ":"

Hello, I have file that looks like this : 765327564:line1 94:line2 7865:line3 ..... 765322:linen I want to cut all the digits from the beginning of each line up to ":" character and to have everything like this : line1 line2 line3 ..... linen P.S : content of line1 ...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find "*.c" and "Makefile" and then delete them with one line

find "*.c" and "Makefile" and then delete them with one line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)						 1						  IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)

imagecreatefromstring - Create a new image from the image stream in the string

SYNOPSIS
resource imagecreatefromstring (string $image) DESCRIPTION
imagecreatefromstring(3) returns an image identifier representing the image obtained from the given $image. These types will be automati- cally detected if your build of PHP supports them: JPEG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, and GD2. PARAMETERS
o $image - A string containing the image data. RETURN VALUES
An image resource will be returned on success. FALSE is returned if the image type is unsupported, the data is not in a recognised for- mat, or the image is corrupt and cannot be loaded. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imagecreatefromstring(3) example <?php $data = 'iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABwAAAASCAMAAAB/2U7WAAAABl' . 'BMVEUAAAD///+l2Z/dAAAASUlEQVR4XqWQUQoAIAxC2/0vXZDr' . 'EX4IJTRkb7lobNUStXsB0jIXIAMSsQnWlsV+wULF4Avk9fLq2r' . '8a5HSE35Q3eO2XP1A1wQkZSgETvDtKdQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg=='; $data = base64_decode($data); $im = imagecreatefromstring($data); if ($im !== false) { header('Content-Type: image/png'); imagepng($im); imagedestroy($im); } else { echo 'An error occurred.'; } ?> The above example will output something similar to:[NOT DISPLAYABLE MEDIA]Output of example : imagecreatefromstring() SEE ALSO
imagecreatefromjpeg(3), imagecreatefrompng(3), imagecreatefromgif(3), imagecreatetruecolor(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGECREATEFROMSTRING(3)