Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Deciphering a tag character string Post 302720357 by kristinu on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 09:16:25 PM
Old 10-23-2012
I meant set decform = .true. if 'f' is encountered

I got something to work as follows:

Code:
isChar = .false. 
tag = "17f30.2" 
n = LEN_TRIM(tag) 
print '(A,A,A,I1)', 'tag = ', tag(:n), ', n = ', n 

j = 0 
do i = 1, n   
  if ( index('0123456789',tag(i:i)) > 0 ) then     
    j = j + 1   
  else
    exit
  endif
enddo 

print *, 'j = ', j 
npl = 0 
itmp = 0 
k = j 

do i = 1, j     
  read(tag(i:i),*) itmp     
  print *, tag(i:i)     
  npl = npl + (itmp * (10 ** (k-1)) )     
  k = k - 1 
enddo

print *, 'npl = ', npl 
print *, ' ' 

k = 0 
do i = j+2, n   
  if ( index('0123456789',tag(i:i)) > 0 ) then
    k = k + 1
  else
    exit
  endif 
enddo 

print *, 'k = ', k 
iwid = 0 
itmp = 0 

l = k 
print *, j+2, j+2+k-1 
do i = j+2, j+2+k-1     
  read(tag(i:i),*) itmp     
  print *, tag(i:i)     
  iwid = iwid + (itmp * (10 ** (l-1)) )     
  l = l - 1 
enddo 

print *, 'iwid = ', iwid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting character string to hex string

HI Hi I have a character string which contains some special characters and I need it to display as a hex string. For example, the sample i/p string: ×¥ïA Å gïÛý and the o/p should be : D7A5EF4100C5010067EFDBFD Any pointers or sample code pls. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing string between a xml tag

Hi All, I have an XML-: <ProcId>CES_P5010_AddVLan</ProcId> <DataVersion>yxcxycyxcycyxc</DataVersion> <JobId>OR3000055-002-1</JobId> </CesHeader> <VLanServiceList> <NopId>blu</NopId> </VLanServiceList> <StatusNPA>2</StatusNPA> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_iti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn: How to loop through a string character by character

If I have a string defined as: MyString=abcde echo $MyString How can I loop through it character by character? I haven't been able to find a way to index the string so that I loop through it. shew01 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string inside A Tag

I have umpteen number of files containing HTML A tags in the below format or I want to find all the lines that contain the word Login= I used this command grep "Login=" * This gave me normal lines as well which contain the word Login= for example, it returned lines which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove string inside html tag <a>

Does anybody know how i can remove string from <a> tag? There are several hundred posts in a few forums that need to be cleaned up. The precise situation is ---------- <a href="http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/family/sexuality_and_spirituality/&cmd=rA&cG=43"> ------------- my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from html tag

Hi I am new to string extractions in shell script... I am trying to extract a string such as #1753 from html tag looks like below. <a class="model-link tl-tr" href="lastSuccessfulBuild/">Last successful build (#1753), 40 min ago</a> and want the value as 1753 Could someone help me to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicharbo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty string in an XML tag?

I have an XML tag <abc> which is empty as <abc></abc>.If the the tag is empty I want to flag the file as bad. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)