Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: move script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move script Post 302720335 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 07:27:50 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Try:
Code:

#!/bin/bash
old=/tmp/files
new=/root/mp3
find $old -name "*.*" | while read FILE
do
  newf=$(echo $FILE | sed 's/ /_/g')
  ndir=$new${FILE#${old}}
  ndir=$(dirname $ndir)
  [[ -d "$ndir" ]] || mkdir -p "$ndir"
  mv "$FILE" "$ndir"
  file "$newf" |egrep -w 'MP3|WAVE'
  if [ $? = 0 ]
  then
    cp .................
  fi
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Copy Move Script

Hello Gurus! Please help! I would like to get some help with the following: I'm working right now on a Data Warehouse project and I need to automate a manual procedure I am using to process the data files coming into the database, any information/ideas and or which script language to go... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfpathros
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to move logs

Does anyone have a good script to move log files from a cron? There are a lot of logs, about 100 or more and they are constantly being written too. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to move

Hi, Want to write a script which move like: these are files in different dir structure, /home/darshak/test/sh/new.txt /home/darshak/test/new1.txt /home/darshak/test/pl/file.txt script will move same structure as above but in different dir, /usr/local/test/sh/new.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Script

Hi I am very new to scripts and only have a basic knowledge What i am trying to do is move files from one directory to another, but i need to make sure the file is stable before it moves the file to the destination. Here is the script that i am using that is moving the files, it part of a script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move command within script

Anyone have an idea to why the statement below does not work within a script but works when issued from the command line? mv /dir_files/submit.log* /bintemp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bwcberb
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Script to Move Directories

Hi I am after a simple script to move folders/files from one directory into another directory on the same server. I want to run a cron so this can run at midnight. Issue is there will not always be data in the source folder. This script works fine but it errors if nothing exists in the source... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script move files by name

hi, I have a lot of files named xxxxx__AA.txt, xxxxx__BB.txt, xxxxx__CC.txt and I would like to move xxxxx__AA.txt in AA directory, xxxxx__BB.txt in BB etc. Could you help me do it in bash script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move certain no. of files every second

Hi All, I am new to Linux/Scripting and need some assistance in coming up with a script that can move certain amount of files from one directory to other every seconds. Usercase: We have around 100k files in tmp directory on my server which needs to be moved to another folder to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj1184
3 Replies
mv(1)							      General Commands Manual							     mv(1)

Name
       mv - move or rename files

Syntax
       mv [-i] [-f] [-] file1 file2

mv [-i] [-f] [-] file... directory

Description
       The command moves (changes the name of) file1 to file2.

If  file2  already  exists,  it is removed before file1 is moved.  If file2 has a mode which forbids writing, prints the mode and reads the
       standard input to obtain a line.  If the line begins with y, the move takes place.  If it does not, exits.  For further information, see

In the second form, one or more files (plain files or directories) are moved to the directory with their original file-names.

The command refuses to move a file onto itself.

Options
       -		   Interprets all following arguments as file names to allow file names starting with a minus.

-f		   Force. This option overrides any mode restrictions or the -i switch.

-i		   Interactive mode.  If a move is to supersede an existing file, the system prompts youw with the name of the	file  fol-
			   lowed  by  a question mark.	If you type a string that begins with y, the move occurs.  If you type any other response,
			   the move does not occur.

Restrictions
       If file1 and file2 lie on different file systems, must copy the file and delete the original.  In this case the owner name becomes that	of
       the copying process and any linking relationship with other files is lost.

See Also
       cp(1), ln(1)

mv(1)