Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Minix 3 Source Code Organisation Explanation Post 302720199 by Menace12 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 02:53:25 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Minix 3 Source Code Organisation Explanation

1. I've been asked to provide a detailed description on how Minix's source code is organised. This may sound slightly simple, but what exactly am I to refer to when explaining? Any documents that would provide assistance to understand whats being asked? Thanks

2. Not applicable:

3. Not applicable:

4. govt college(BU),bangalore(karnataka),India,naganna,bsc:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need explanation for the syntax(code)

Hi I am new to shell script programming... want to know the process of the following: if then echo "$0: missing argument for option(s) :$MISSINGOPTARG" echo "usage" $USAGE" exit 1 fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandhar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk code explanation

Hi I have a line/command which greps certain pattern () from the file and 22 lines AFTER that: nawk '/\/{c=22}c&&c--' input_file Can somebody explain the coding in this command (what " c&&c-- " does)? and how to modify this command to output 22 lines BEFORE this pattern () Thanks a lot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Please help with the following fork code..with complete explanation

I have the following piece of codes. Please explain it to me in great detail how are these codes working. 1. #include <stdio.h> int main(){ int x; x=0; while (x<2 && fork()){ if (!fork()) execlp("echo","x++","x",0); x++; system("echo x+x"); } } 2. #include <stdio.h> int i;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashabii
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

code explanation

Can you please explain the following code plz? my_cd=' ' while getopts :e: OPTION; do case "$OPTION" in e) my_cd ="$OPTARG";; esac done if ; then echo " >>> ERROR - I am wrong" echo " >>> ERROR - Hello" exit 99 fi What I don't understand is what is OPTION or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of NAWK Code

Hi all, I need your help in understanding the meaning and syntax of the below nawk line. Here is an extract of a script which I use daily and works well. The script extracts the hostnames and messages within a syslog file. I would also like to extract the message time in the 3rd column by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code explanation?

I need someone to tell me how exactly works the following code αfter /etc/passwd :eek:: cat /etc/passwd|grep "^:"|sed '1,$s/^\(*\):*:\(*\):.*$/ \1 \2 /'|sort -nrk3 -t:I want a good explanation to understand the code please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh code explanation

Hi. Can somebody please explain the following lines of KSH code for me? The code checks all sub directories in a specific location which are numbered (E.g. test_01, test_02 ... etc.), then finds the one with highest number and extracts that number from the dir name into the variable num. I'd just... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
9 Replies
sound-juicer(1) 						   User Commands						   sound-juicer(1)

NAME
sound-juicer - GNOME CD ripper and player SYNOPSIS
sound-juicer [--auto-start] [--device=device] [--play] [gnome-std-options] [gst-std-options] DESCRIPTION
sound-juicer is the CD ripper and player for GNOME. It extracts audio from compact discs and converts CD tracks into audio files that a personal computer or digital audio player can understand and play. It supports ripping to any audio codec supported by a GStreamer plugin, such as Vorbis, FLAC, and uncompressed PCM (.WAV) formats. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a, --auto-start Start extracting immediately. -p, --play Start playing immediately. -d, --device=device Specify the CD device to read. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5um>) for more informa- tion. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/sound-juicer Executable for sound-juicer ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-cd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-launch(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Updated by Chris Wang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 sound-juicer(1)