Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Does anyone have a goodlink for downloading Cygwin? Post 302720159 by dazdseg on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 01:56:52 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Does anyone have a goodlink for downloading Cygwin?

hi,

I am looking to download cygwin. Everytime i try cygwin i fail because of slow net connection.

i have downloaded the initial version of cygwin. i am looking to download the whole version ( i mean i need all the packages.)

can anyone care to explain how can i add packages(install) packages separately.

sorry for being a noob..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading with lynx

Hi there! I one saw a command that allowed to download a file using lynx from an HTTP server without opening lynx itself. Looked something like this: $ lynx -xyz http://localhost/foo.bar ~/foo.bar I looked into lynx manpages and help but didn't find anything. Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading

Kindly help us... Is there a way in linux how we'll be able to check which workstation is downloading files from the internet and what file is it? Please put into consideration that our linux has a firewall. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading Unix..

I am not sure, yet i want to learn.. therefor .. I want to put some Unix on my machine.. Unix 03, nut i have heard its not free and not open source.. please advise me on what to do.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_w0lf
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

downloading through ftp

i have been busy getting accustomed to ssh and ftp and have a remote account that I am trying to comprehend.. my question is when I use ftp, ssh and remote accounts where do I download packages to.. which directory.. i have a cooledit package that is tarred and gziped which I ncftpd from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

5. Linux

downloading linux

I can't download linux. why? :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhika
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

downloading a folder

I know how to download a file from a ftp server through shell script. But when there is a folder inside the directory you are in, I could not download them. How would you write it? I can think of this. login to ftp and output the directory tree into a file. Log out the session read the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soemac
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File downloading

Hi, I am newbie in Perl/CGI and I need your help to develop a little script to help me to download some files located in a FTP server via HTTP to a disk. I need to authenticate with username/password via a HTTP page and I can choose the files to download from the web page to my disk. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imad77
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Downloading Solaris 10/08 ?

hi there, Has anybody else had any problems downloading Solaris 10/08 form the Sun web site ? I have tried a number of times, at different times of the day, and have the same results each time. Either the Sun Download manager times out after about 20 retries and I get nothing, or if I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freddo_21
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading with Wget

Hello everyone. I'm new both to the forum and to unix scripting, and this website has been very useful in putting together a script I am working on. However, I have run into a bit of a snag, which is why I have come here seeking help. First I will say what I am trying to do, and then what I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keltonhalbert
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies
DEBSNAP(1)							DebSnap User Manual							DEBSNAP(1)

NAME
debsnap - retrieve old snapshots of Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debsnap [options] package [version] debsnap [-h | --help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
debsnap is a tool to help with retrieving snapshots of old packages from a daily archive repository. The only publicly available snapshot archive is currently located at http://snapshot.debian.org By default, debsnap will download all the available versions for package that are found in the snapshot archive. If a version is speci- fied, only that particular version will be downloaded, if available. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -d destination, --destdir destination Directory to place retrieved packages. -f, --force Force writing into an existing destination. By default debsnap will insist the destination directory does not exist yet unless it is explicitly specified to be '.' (the current working directory). This is to avoid files being accidentally overwritten by what is fetched from the archive and to provide a guarantee for other scripts that only the files fetched will be present there upon comple- tion. -v, --verbose Report on the debsnap configuration being used and progress during the download operation. Please always use this option when reporting bugs. --binary Download binary packages instead of source packages. -a, --architecture Specify architecture of downloaded binary packages. Implies --binary. This can be given multiple times in order to download binary packages for multiple architectures. -h, --help Show a summary of these options. --version Show the version of debsnap. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
debsnap may also be configured through the use of the following options in the devscripts configuration files: DEBSNAP_VERBOSE Same as the command line option --verbose. Set to yes to enable. DEBSNAP_DESTDIR Set a default path for the destination directory. If unset ./source-<package_name> will be used. The command line option --destdir will override this. DEBSNAP_BASE_URL The base url for the snapshots archive. If unset this defaults to http://snapshot.debian.org EXIT STATUS
debsnap will return an exit status of 0 if all operations succeeded, 1 if a fatal error occurred, and 2 if some packages failed to be down- loaded but operations otherwise succeeded as expected. In some cases packages may fail to be downloaded because they are no longer avail- able on the snapshot mirror, so any caller should expect this may occur in normal use. EXAMPLES
debsnap -a amd64 xterm 256-1 Download the binary package of specific a xterm version for amd64 architecture. debsnap -a armel xterm Download binary packages for all versions of xterm for armel architecture. debsnap --binary xterm 256-1 Download binary packages for a specific a xterm version but for all architectures. debsnap --binary xterm Download binary packages for all version of xterm version for all architectures. aptitude search '~i' -F '%p %V' | while read pkg ver; do debsnap -a $(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH) -a all $pkg $ver; done Download binary packages of all packages that are installed on the system. FILES
/etc/devscripts.conf Global devscripts configuration options. Will override hardcoded defaults. ~/.devscripts Per-user configuration options. Will override any global configuration. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5), git-debimport(1) AUTHORS
David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 David Paleino Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BUGS
Reporting bugs The program is part of the devscripts package. Please report bugs using `reportbug devscripts` Debian devscripts July 3, 2010 DEBSNAP(1)