Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search information in multiple files and save in new files Post 302720145 by bartus11 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 01:44:31 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{RS="LOCUS"}/Equinodermata/{print "LOCUS"$0}' *.gbk >> new_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search string in multiple files using awk

Hi, filenames: contains name of list of files to search in. placelist contains the names of places to be searched in all files in "filenames" for i in $(<filenames) do egrep -f placelist $i if ] then echo $i fi done >> outputfile Output i am getting: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging information from multiple files to a single file

Hello, I am new to unix and need help with a problem. I have 2 files each containing multiple columns of information ie; File 1 : A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 File 2 : F G 6 7 I would like to merge the information from File 2 to File 1 so that the data reads as follows; File 1: A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple patterns in multiple files

Hi, I have to write one script that has to search a list of numbers in certain zipped files. For eg. one file file1.txt contains the numbers. File1.txt contains 5,00,000 numbers and I have to search each number in zipped files(The number of zipped files are around 1000 each file is 5 MB) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
10 Replies

4. Solaris

How to search for a word in multiple files

Hi, I want to find for a particular word which is existing in different files and folders under the parent directory. What command can I use to retrieve all the file names which is having the word. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting information from multiple files

Hello there, I am trying to extract (string) information ( a list words) from 4 files and then put the results into 1 file. Currently I am doing this using grep -f list.txt file1 . and repeat the process for the other 3 files. The reasons i am doing that (a) I do know how to code (b) each file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading information from a table and apply a command on multiple files

Hey gyuz, I wanna calculate the number of mapped reads of a bam file in a region of interest. I used this code to do so : samtools view input.bam chrname:region1 > region1.txt This will store all the reads from given bam file within the region of interest in region1.txt Now I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in multiple files

Hello, I have hundreds of files in which I need to change email address. Here is what I am trying to do: 1. All text files are in a directory "a" 2. In the text file, I want to replace email address for preparer. All these lines start with {{PreparerEmail and end with }}. The email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for multiple files

I need to look for 3 files in a particular directory, if they are > 0kb. If files exist proceed further, if not mail out saying one of the file is missing. All the 3 files should be present. Please see my script below and correct if needed. Anyway, it is not working. #! /bin/bash... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radfelder
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)