Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! Need "File exist check" and line count Post 302720127 by pamu on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 01:30:02 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan1219

Right now I'm getting a "bad substitute" error for the first line "if [ -f "/path/File_${CUR_DATE).rtf" ]; then" in the code below.
See those brackets.. marked in Red..
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to simulate "mkdir -p /home/blah1/blah2/blah3" in "c" where only /home exist

I'm trying to make use of mkdir(char *pathname, S_IRWXU) to create the directories. but it only creates one directory at a time. so I have to separate the tokens for "/home/blah1/blah2/blah3" as "home blah1 blah2 blah3" using delimiter "/", but it is again hectic to create such directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: platinumedge
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
mcfirst(1)						      General Commands Manual							mcfirst(1)

NAME
mcfirst - check if you can receive IPv4/IPv6 multicast SYNOPSIS
mcfirst [ -46vr ] [ -I interface ] [ -c count ] [ -t time ] [ source ] group port DESCRIPTION
mcfirst can be used to check whether one can receive multicast packets from a host. The host may send any type of multicast packets, any application, IPv4 or IPv6, ASM or SSM. mcfirst joins the specified (source) and group, and listens to the specified port. mcfirst will by default exit when the first packet is received, and print how long it waited. OPTIONS
The options are as follows. -4 Force IPv4 -6 Force IPv6 -v Print version -r Print rate information only -I interface Interface to join on -c count Stop after receiving count packets. Default is 1 unless time limit is specified -t time Exit after time seconds. Default is to exit after the first packet. If both count and time are specified, mcfirst will exit as soon as one of them is satisfied. SEE ALSO
ssmping(1) a tool for checking whether can receive SSM. dbeacon(1) a distributed beacon multicast implementation. BUGS
Please report them to Stig Venaas <venaas@uninett.no>, the author of this tool. HISTORY
mcfirst was developed by Stig Venaas during the early days of the m6bone, the IPv6 multicast backbone. User Manuals mcfirst(1)