Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Duplicate files and output list Post 302720115 by jiam912 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 01:23:30 PM
Old 10-23-2012
Duplicate files and output list

Gents,

I have a file like this.

Code:
1 1
1 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
3 6
3 7
4 8
5 9

I would like to get something like it
Code:
1 1 2
2 3 4 5
3 6 7

Thanks in advance for your support Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 10-23-2012 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate files from list with different path

I have a list which contains all the jar files shipped with the product I am involved with. Now, in this list I have some jar files which appear again and again. But these jar files are present in different folders. My input file looks like this /path/1/to a.jar /path/2/to a.jar /path/1/to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically redirect output to duplicate files ???

Hi There are many posts in this forum regarding reditecting output, but mine is a different problem, please have a look. My shell script is redirecting output to a log file dynamically. That is it is using - exec > log1.txt 2>&1 Hence all the traces are appearing in the log1.txt. I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate value comparing 2 files and create an output

I need a perl script which will create an output file after comparing two diff file in a directory path: /export/home/abc/file1 /export/home/abc/file2 File Format: <IP>TAB<DeviceName><TAB>DESCRIPTIONS file1: 10.1.2.1.3<tab>abc123def<tab>xyz.mm1.ppp.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files command output

Hi All, Below is the 2 different ouputs of the command "ls -lrt", my question is what exactly "total 0" & "total 8" means here ? $ ls -rtl total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Feb 10 20:16 c -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Feb 10 20:16 b -rw-r--r-- 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kannan84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process select list of files and output to the same file?

Hi, I've a list of files ac_info.tps, subscription_array.tps, .......and many other files one of the file, bin_range_list.tps has the following content CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE "BIN_RANGE_LIST" AS TABLE OF BIN_RANGE_ELEM; / grant execute on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List duplicate files based on Name and size

Hello, I have a huge directory (with millions of files) and need to find out duplicates based on BOTH file name and File size. I know fdupes but it calculates MD5 which is very time-consuming and especially it takes forever as I have millions of files. Can anyone please suggest a script or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files output only for the last line

Hi, "ls -tl directory1" will list files to be sorted in mtime, but I don't want to see all the files in each directory, I want to only see output the last line (the oldest mtime) for each directory. $ ls -tl test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 hce hce 1714397 May 30 2013 b.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 hce hce 4678 May... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files names and sizes in a directory and output result to the file?

Hi , I'm trying to list the files and output is written to a file. But when I execute the command , the output file is being listed. How to exclude it ? /tmp file1.txt file2.txt ls -ltr |grep -v '-' | awk print {$9, $5} > output.txt cat output.txt file1.txt file2.txt output.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using find to output list of files with specific strings

This is my problem, I am using the following code to extract the file names with specific strings 0.01: find ./ -name "*.txt" -exec grep -H '0.01' {} + It works wonders with a small sample. However, when I use it in a real scenario it produces an empty file -even though I am sure there are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)