Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting Post 302720035 by Ramakrishna V on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:50:10 AM
Old 10-23-2012
my actual goal is i want to recall array values again some whereelse in script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning values to an array

The way I've been using arrays currently have been: #!/bin/ksh set -A myArray myArray=value1 myArray=value2 myArray=value3 myArray=value4 Is there a way I can assign values to an array that will automatically place the value into the next element in the array like: myArray=value1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Assigning array values..

I have to add a variable value to an array, something like this: ...... @my_array_name = $value_of_this_variable; This doesnt seem to work, any ideas why? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning the values to an Array

hi every body, i donot know how to assign a array varible with a file see i having file more file property1 Name property2 Address the above two line are tab Space seperated between the property and its value i want to seperate it and assign to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkraja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values to an array via for/while loop

I need to do something like this: for i in 1 2 3 4 5; do arr=$(awk 'NR="$i" { print $2 }' file_with_5_records) done That is, parse a file and assign values to an array in an ascending order relative to the number of record in the file that is being processed on each loop. Is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values from awk expression into shell array

hi i am trying to save the values i extract from a file with the help of awk in a bash shell array. i have: exec 10<file2 while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY1=$(awk '{print $1}' file2) ((count++)) done echo ${ARRAY1} it prints just blank lines. file1 has two columns and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values for a dynamic array for an input

Hello, Can somebody please give me a snippet for the below requirement. I want to assign the values separeted by a comma to be assigned to a dynamic array. If I give an input (read statement) like abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5, all these strings abc* should be assigned to an array like below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Column Values to ARRAY in ksh

Hi , i have file which is having two fields in it (#delimited) ABC#FILE_01.DAT DEF#FILE_02.DAT i want to write first field values to one array example A_01 and second field values to B_02 array please let me know how to do this ,my final requirement i have send out a mail for each record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkabc789
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
ns_adp_registertag(3aolserver)				    AOLserver Built-In Commands 			    ns_adp_registertag(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_adp_registeradp, ns_adp_registerproc, ns_adp_registerscript, ns_adp_registertag, ns_register_adptag - ADP registered tags SYNOPSIS
ns_adp_registeradp tag ?endtag? adp ns_adp_registerproc tag ?endtag? proc ns_adp_registerscript tag ?endtag? script ns_adp_registertag tag ?endtag? adp ns_register_adptag tag ?endtag? script _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These commands enable definition of HTML tags within an ADP file which are expanded and evaluated by the server before returning output to the client. Tags are defined as eitehr a single tag with options, e.g., <mytag a=b c=d> or as an opening/closing tag pair, e.g., <mytag> text </mytag>. This approach is an alternative to direct calls via the <% script %> syntax as described in the ns_adp man page. ns_adp_registeradp tag ?endtag? adp ns_adp_registertag tag ?endtag? adp These commands are identical and register an ADP code fragment to be invoked when the specified tag is encountered while parsing an ADP. The tag argument specifies the tag that will trigger invocation of the ADP fragment, which is specified by the adp argument. If the endtag argument is specified, then the ADP fragment will be invoked with two arguments: The first will be the enclosed con- tent, and the second will be the name of an ns_set with any attributes specified in the tag. If no endtag argument is specified, the ADP fragment will only be passed the name of the ns_set. The arguments may be retrieved using ns_adp_bindargs or ns_adp_argc and ns_adp_argv. When the ADP fragment is invoked, its result is inserted in the output instead of the tag (or, if the endtag was specified, in place of the tag, end tag, and the enclosed content). Note: Care must be taken when using this function from inside an ADP, because the adpstring is likely to contain script delimiters (<% ... %>) which will prematurely terminate script fragments. It is probably easier to restrict use of this function to .tcl files. ns_adp_registerproc tag ?endtag? proc This commands register a Tcl procedure to be evaluated when the given tag is encountered. The tag argument specifies the tag that will trigger a call to the procedure specified by the proc argument. The procedure will be called with a variable number of arguments, one for each of the attributes provided in the tag. If the endtag argument is specified, the procedure will also receive a final argument with the contents of the text enclosed between the tags. No evaluation of the content will be performed, it will be passed as a single text block. When the procedure is invoked, its result is inserted in the output instead of the tag (or, if the endtag was specified, in place of the tag, end tag, and the enclosed content). ns_adp_registerscript tag ?endtag? script ns_register_adptag tag ?endtag? script These commands are identical and register a Tcl script to be evaluated when the given tag is encountered. The tag argument speci- fies the tag that will trigger evaluation of the script specified by the script argument. If the endtag argument is specified, then the script will be modified with two arguments appended: The first will be the enclosed content, and the second will be the name of an ns_set with any attributes specified in the tag. If no endtag argument is specified, the script will be modified with just the name of the ns_set appended. When the script is evaluated, its result is inserted in the output instead of the tag (or, if the endtag was specified, in place of the tag, end tag, and the enclosed content). EXAMPLES
The following is a simple way of handling conditional content in ADPs: proc remember {input tagset} { global _adp_memory set tagname [ns_set iget $tagset name] if {[string match "" $tagname]} { set _adp_memory($tagname) $input return "" } else { return $input } } proc recall {name} { global _adp_memory if {[info exists _adp_memory($name)]} { set parsecommand [list ns_adp_parse -string] lappend parsecommand $_adp_memory($name) ns_puts -nonewline [uplevel $parsecommand] } else { ns_log Error "[ns_adp_argv 0]: Unable to recall } } If the preceding Tcl has been executed (perhaps during server startup), then the following ADP fragment displays the results of a database query in a table, or shows "No rows in result." if there are no rows: <% set rows {} set db [ns_db gethandle] ns_db exec "select somecolumn from sometable" set row [ns_db bindargs $db] while {[ns_db getrow $db $row] > 0} { lappend rows [ns_set get $row "somecolumn"] } ns_db releasehandle $db %> <remember name="hasrows_header"> <table> </remember> <remember name="hasrows_rows"> <tr> <td><%=$column%></td> </tr> </remember> <remember name="hasrows_footer"> </table> </remember> No rows in result. <remember name="norows"> <% if {[llength $rows] > 0} { recall "hasrows_header" foreach row $rows { set column $row recall "hasrows_rows" } recall "hasrows_footer" } else { recall "norows" } %> The following example demonstrates the use of ns_adp_registertag: ns_adp_registertag printdate { The current date is: <%=[ns_httptime [ns_time]]%> } Once defined, typically in a startup script, you could simple include the "<printdate>" tag to append the text with current date into the output buffer. SEE ALSO
ns_adp(1), ns_adp_eval(n), ns_adp_safeeval(n), ns_adp_include(n) KEYWORDS
ADP, dynamic pages, registered tag AOLserver 4.0 ns_adp_registertag(3aolserver)