Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting Post 302720001 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:32:11 AM
Old 10-23-2012
echo it without double quotes

Code:
echo ${a[i]}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning values to an array

The way I've been using arrays currently have been: #!/bin/ksh set -A myArray myArray=value1 myArray=value2 myArray=value3 myArray=value4 Is there a way I can assign values to an array that will automatically place the value into the next element in the array like: myArray=value1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Assigning array values..

I have to add a variable value to an array, something like this: ...... @my_array_name = $value_of_this_variable; This doesnt seem to work, any ideas why? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning the values to an Array

hi every body, i donot know how to assign a array varible with a file see i having file more file property1 Name property2 Address the above two line are tab Space seperated between the property and its value i want to seperate it and assign to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkraja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values to an array via for/while loop

I need to do something like this: for i in 1 2 3 4 5; do arr=$(awk 'NR="$i" { print $2 }' file_with_5_records) done That is, parse a file and assign values to an array in an ascending order relative to the number of record in the file that is being processed on each loop. Is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values from awk expression into shell array

hi i am trying to save the values i extract from a file with the help of awk in a bash shell array. i have: exec 10<file2 while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY1=$(awk '{print $1}' file2) ((count++)) done echo ${ARRAY1} it prints just blank lines. file1 has two columns and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values for a dynamic array for an input

Hello, Can somebody please give me a snippet for the below requirement. I want to assign the values separeted by a comma to be assigned to a dynamic array. If I give an input (read statement) like abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5, all these strings abc* should be assigned to an array like below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Column Values to ARRAY in ksh

Hi , i have file which is having two fields in it (#delimited) ABC#FILE_01.DAT DEF#FILE_02.DAT i want to write first field values to one array example A_01 and second field values to B_02 array please let me know how to do this ,my final requirement i have send out a mail for each record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkabc789
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)