Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Account Policy
Operating Systems Linux User Account Policy Post 302719873 by Tommyk on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 09:59:05 AM
Old 10-23-2012
Code:
#auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_tally.so onerr=fail deny=3 unlock_time=60
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_tally.so deny=3 unclok_time=60

maybe a spell check? unclok_time should read unlock_time?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Account lockout policy

Hi all; I m using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) and I'm trying to setup password lockout policy so that a user account locks out after 3 failed attempts. Here are the entires of my /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi, how to assign group policy to user in solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

password policy for new user

hi folk, i try to setup a new password policy for our solaris box user, below are the /etc/default/passwd/, but then when i tried to create a user, it didn't ask for numeric character, and the new password also didn't ask for special characters. # useradd testing # passwd testing New... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to copy user policy from a server to another one?

Hi I would like to copy some user policy ( such as login time out , password expired time, number of failed login before user is locked, ... ) from one server to another server. I had copied necessary files ( in /etc and /etc/security ) to new server, but something didn't work. I guess that... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
13 Replies
PAM_ENV(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_ENV(8)

NAME
pam_env - PAM module to set/unset environment variables SYNOPSIS
pam_env.so [debug] [conffile=conf-file] [envfile=env-file] [readenv=0|1] [user_envfile=env-file] [user_readenv=0|1] DESCRIPTION
The pam_env PAM module allows the (un)setting of environment variables. Supported is the use of previously set environment variables as well as PAM_ITEMs such as PAM_RHOST. By default rules for (un)setting of variables is taken from the config file /etc/security/pam_env.conf if no other file is specified. This module can also parse a file with simple KEY=VAL pairs on separate lines (/etc/environment by default). You can change the default file to parse, with the envfile flag and turn it on or off by setting the readenv flag to 1 or 0 respectively. Since setting of PAM environment variables can have side effects to other modules, this module should be the last one on the stack. OPTIONS
conffile=/path/to/pam_env.conf Indicate an alternative pam_env.conf style configuration file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). envfile=/path/to/environment Indicate an alternative environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the file specified by envfile (0 is off, 1 is on). By default this option is on. user_envfile=filename Indicate an alternative .pam_environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. The filename is relative to the user home directory. user_readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the user specific environment file. 0 is off, 1 is on. By default this option is off. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and session module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT Not all relevant data or options could be gotten. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE No pam_env.conf and environment file was found. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/security/pam_env.conf Default configuration file /etc/environment Default environment file $HOME/.pam_environment User specific environment file SEE ALSO
pam_env.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <kinch@kinch.ark.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 01/16/2014 PAM_ENV(8)