Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Send email from outlook to server Post 302715479 by ankitknit on Monday 15th of October 2012 03:16:33 AM
Old 10-15-2012
Would u plz elaborate how to do put the entry of local server in unix ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not?

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not? I ma trying to send mail to my gmail id using command sendmail -s "Subject" abc@gmail.com Hi How are you? . It showed that You are not allowed to send mail. My question is there any file which contains the list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email from unix server

HI Guys, I want send email from my script ..and i have tried below command still no luck. ( uuencode $Adm "Test.txt" ) | mailx -s "Test" P***.P****@at***.com mailx -s "test mail" P****.P***@at***.com < $Admin Any other option.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to send an email to a Linux Server?

Hello All, I was curious if its possible to send an email (in reverse) to a linux server from an email client (like Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc...)? I know it's possible to send an email FROM a Linux Server TO a email address, but I tried to just 'reply' to the Linux Servers address that sent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
Net(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Net(3)

NAME
Gimp::Net - Communication module for the gimp-perl server. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp; DESCRIPTION
For Gimp::Net (and thus commandline and remote scripts) to work, you first have to install the "Perl-Server" extension somewhere where Gimp can find it (e.g in your .gimp/plug-ins/ directory). Usually this is done automatically while installing the Gimp extension. If you have a menu entry "<Xtns"/Perl-Server> then it is probably installed. The Perl-Server can either be started from the "<Xtns"> menu in Gimp, or automatically when a perl script can't find a running Perl-Server. When started from within The Gimp, the Perl-Server will create a unix domain socket to which local clients can connect. If an authorization password is given to the Perl-Server (by defining the environment variable "GIMP_HOST" before starting The Gimp), it will also listen on a tcp port (default 10009). Since the password is transmitted in cleartext, using the Perl-Server over tcp effectively lowers the security of your network to the level of telnet. Even worse: the current Gimp::Net-protocol can be used for denial of service attacks, i.e. crashing the Perl-Server. There also *might* be buffer-overflows (although I do care a lot for these). ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable "GIMP_HOST" specifies the default server to contact and/or the password to use. The syntax is [auth@][tcp/]host- name[:port] for tcp, [auth@]unix/local/socket/path for unix and spawn/ for a private gimp instance. Examples are: www.yahoo.com # just kidding ;) yahoo.com:11100 # non-standard port tcp/yahoo.com # make sure it uses tcp authorize@tcp/yahoo.com:123 # full-fledged specification unix/tmp/unx # use unix domain socket password@unix/tmp/test # additionally use a password authorize@ # specify authorization only spawn/ # use a private gimp instance spawn/nodata # pass --no-data switch spawn/gui # don't pass -n switch CALLBACKS
net() is called after we have succesfully connected to the server. Do your dirty work in this function, or see Gimp::Fu for a better solu- tion. FUNCTIONS
server_quit() sends the perl server a quit command. get_connection() return a connection id which uniquely identifies the current connection. set_connection(conn_id) set the connection to use on subsequent commands. "conn_id" is the connection id as returned by get_connection(). BUGS
(Ver 0.04) This module is much faster than it ought to be... Silly that I wondered wether I should implement it in perl or C, since perl is soo fast. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp. perl v5.8.0 2001-12-06 Net(3)