Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL db check
Top Forums Web Development SQL db check Post 302713863 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of October 2012 11:16:22 AM
Old 10-11-2012
Which SQL?

But probably no. That's the sort of thing you'd do in PHP. If you can check before PHP actually outputs anything, you can dump a header() to redirect then quit if the SQL doesn't work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Junk character in sql file

Hello, I have two .sql files which I transferred from Windows to Unix (Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3).I want to ensure that these two files have no junk characters in them.How do I do it in the simplest possible way? Many thanks DJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check SQL through UNIX shell script

I use below command to log in to oracle database sqlplus username/passwordWhen i enter into sql prompt i press quitIf there are any errors it will show just below the output of sqlplus username/password. The errors generally start with keyword ORA can we do this by using a unix shell script.?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
SQLSRV_ERRORS(3)														  SQLSRV_ERRORS(3)

sqlsrv_errors - Returns error and warning information about the last SQLSRV operation performed

SYNOPSIS
mixed sqlsrv_errors ([int $errorsOrWarnings]) DESCRIPTION
Returns error and warning information about the last SQLSRV operation performed. PARAMETERS
o $errorsOrWarnings - Determines whether error information, warning information, or both are returned. If this parameter is not supplied, both error information and warning information are returned. The following are the supported values for this parameter: SQLSRV_ERR_ALL, SQL- SRV_ERR_ERRORS, SQLSRV_ERR_WARNINGS. RETURN VALUES
If errors and/or warnings occurred on the last sqlsrv operation, an array of arrays containing error information is returned. If no errors and/or warnings occurred on the last sqlsrv operation, NULL is returned. The following table describes the structure of the returned arrays: Array returned by sqlsrv_errors +---------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Key | | | | | | | Description | | | | +---------+---------------------------------------------------+ |SQLSTATE | | | | | | | For errors that originate from the ODBC driver, | | | the SQLSTATE returned by ODBC. For errors that | | | originate from the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for | | | SQL Server, a SQLSTATE of IMSSP. For warnings | | | that originate from the Microsoft Drivers for PHP | | | for SQL Server, a SQLSTATE of 01SSP. | | | | | code | | | | | | | For errors that originate from SQL Server, the | | | native SQL Server error code. For errors that | | | originate from the ODBC driver, the error code | | | returned by ODBC. For errors that originate from | | | the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server, the | | | Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server error | | | code. | | | | |message | | | | | | | A description of the error. | | | | +---------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 functionname(3) example <?php $serverName = "serverName/sqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } /* Set up a query to select an invalid column name. */ $sql = "SELECT BadColumnName FROM Table_1"; /* Execution of the query will fail because of the bad column name. */ $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, $sql ); if( $stmt === false ) { if( ($errors = sqlsrv_errors() ) != null) { foreach( $errors as $error ) { echo "SQLSTATE: ".$error[ 'SQLSTATE']."<br />"; echo "code: ".$error[ 'code']."<br />"; echo "message: ".$error[ 'message']."<br />"; } } } ?> NOTES
By default, warnings generated on a call to any SQLSRV function are treated as errors. This means that if a warning occurs on a call to a SQLSRV function, the function returns FALSE. However, warnings that correspond to SQLSTATE values 01000, 01001, 01003, and 01S02 are never treated as errors. For information about changing this behavior, see sqlsrv_configure(3) and the WarningsReturnAsErrors setting. SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_configure(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_ERRORS(3)