Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving to usb
Operating Systems Solaris Saving to usb Post 302713855 by jlliagre on Thursday 11th of October 2012 11:08:28 AM
Old 10-11-2012
Please provide some clues about what you are doing and how it fails.

Using an usb disk is generally quite simple, especially when the file system is fat.
- Plug the device and it is automatically mounted, "df -h" will tell you where.
- Write your file on it using the CLI or a file manager.
- Unmount the device before unplugging it to avoid media corruption and that's it.

Disabling the automounter makes thinks more complex so is generally not advisable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving to a floppy

How do I save a file to a floppy. I mounted the drive and it is there. Everytime I try to save to the floppy, it tells me the resource is busy. Please advise. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umether
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving scripts to usb device

How do I save a script to a pen drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving from unix into pc

hi, i access unix through secure shell (SSH) from my pc running on windows. Can i save files from unix directly into windows-run pc?. e.g. vi files into notepad??? thanks alot, -a (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving a vi session

Apologies if this isn't quite the right thread I have a vi session and I have set a lot of tags with 'mx'. can I save this session preserving these tags so when I go back to the session I don't have to reset them all? cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving value as default value

Hi everybody, I have a prog who is filtering an image with a lot of parameters. The user has two choices : -Running the script with default values -Running the script manually (i.e choosing himself the parameters values) What I would like to do is that if he wants, the users can keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Live-cd Saving changes

Hi all, firstly apologies if this is in the wrong category. I have been making livecds (fedora based) and to change eg the background i use below in the ks file. this works fine, however when i install the livecd it loses the changes. How can i make the changes so that they stay when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewilks
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files

Hi all, I need to save my files at c, d or any drive location via script. Requirement. Say for example i have 10 files at location /usr/bi/ci location. 10 files naming a.ksh b,ksh c.ksh and so on I want to save the files and its content at some location (any drive on local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies
UDISKS-GLUE.CONF(5)						udisks-glue Manual					       UDISKS-GLUE.CONF(5)

NAME
udisks-glue.conf - udisks-glue configuration file format SYNOPSIS
~/.udisks-glue.conf $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/udisks-glue/config /etc/udisks-glue.conf $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/udisks-glue/config DESCRIPTION
udisks-glue is configured by a series of match directives referencing filter directives. Filter directives define parameters that filter the UDisks events. Match directives specify actions to be taken by udisks-glue in case the corresponded filter matches. Filter and match directives can be specified in any order. You should use unique names for filter directives. The rules are evaluated in the order the match directives are specified. A default directive is a special directive used as a fallback in case no other directives match. It does not reference a filter directive. You may choose not to specify a default directive. Due to the way the rules are evaluated, it's recommended that more specific match directives are defined before less specific ones. If a match directive does not specify one of the available actions, another directive may be chosen. The currently available match directives are: automount If set, try to automatically mount the device (unset by default) automount_filesystem Filesystem type to use when automounting the device automount_options List of options to use when automounting the device post_insertion_command Command to run after a device is inserted or after its media has been made available post_mount_command Command to run after a device has been mounted post_unmount_command Command to run after a device has been unmounted post_removal_command Command to run after a device or its media has been removed udisks-glue will substitute some tokens with information about the device in each of the commands listed above: %device_file Path to the device file %mount_point Last known mount point for the device (only replaced in post_mount_command and post_unmount_command) The currently supported filter parameters are: label (string) User-visible label of the detected file system optical (boolean) Set if the device uses optical disc as its media optical_disc_closed (boolean) Set if the optical disc is closed optical_disc_has_audio_tracks (boolean) Set if the optical disc has audio tracks optical_disc_has_audio_tracks_only (boolean) Set if all tracks in the optical disc are audio tracks partition (boolean) Set if the device is a partition of another device partition_table (boolean) Set if the device has a partition table readonly (boolean) Set if the device is a ready-only device removable (boolean) Set if the device is a removable device type (string) Extended information about the device, generally set to the name of the detected file system if the usage property is set to filesystem usage (string) The result of probing for signatures on the block device, generally set to filesystem if a mountable file system was detected uuid (string) UUID of the detected file system Note that the rules are evaluated only at the time the device or its media is inserted. Internal drives are always ignored. EXAMPLE
The following configuration example shows how you can automount USB pendrives and similar devices. Notifications are provided by a custom script that could display on-screen information or provide notifications in some other way: filter disks { optical = false partition_table = false usage = filesystem } match disks { automount = true automount_options = sync post_mount_command = "mount-notify mounted %device_file %mount_point" post_unmount_command = "mount-notify unmounted %device_file %mount_point" } A more complex example shows how the filters can be used to mount optical and non-optical media (USB pendrives and the like) using differ- ent mount options and how a specific program can be launched on non-closed optical discs. # # Filters # filter disks { optical = false partition_table = false usage = filesystem } filter burnable { optical = true optical_disc_closed = false } filter optical { optical = true } # # The default entry (only used if no filters match) # default { post_insertion_command = "insertion-notify %device_file" } # # Additional entries # match disks { automount = true automount_options = { sync, noatime } post_mount_command = "mount-notify mounted %device_file %mount_point" post_unmount_command = "mount-notify unmounted %device_file %mount_point" } match burnable { post_insertion_command = "k3b %device_file" post_mount_command = "mount-notify mounted %device_file %mount_point" post_insertion_command = "udisks --mount %device_file --mount-options ro" } match optical { automount = true automount_options = ro post_mount_command = "mount-notify mounted %device_file %mount_point" post_insertion_command = "udisks --mount %device_file --mount-options ro" } SEE ALSO
udisks(1), udisks-glue(1) udisks(7), udisks-daemon(8) udisks-glue 2011-04-20 UDISKS-GLUE.CONF(5)