Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Name directories with "0s"
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Name directories with "0s" Post 302713771 by pamu on Thursday 11th of October 2012 09:14:34 AM
Old 10-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_sinari
You forget that there is an external command/shell built-in called printf, too.
So, that's a useless use of awk. Smilie
Yeah. Thanks...
edited in original post. Smilie
This might be the first time useless use of awk...Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)