Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Send email from outlook to server Post 302713745 by jgt on Thursday 11th of October 2012 08:00:14 AM
Old 10-11-2012
Set up a local dns server, and add an entry for the local server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not?

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not? I ma trying to send mail to my gmail id using command sendmail -s "Subject" abc@gmail.com Hi How are you? . It showed that You are not allowed to send mail. My question is there any file which contains the list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email from unix server

HI Guys, I want send email from my script ..and i have tried below command still no luck. ( uuencode $Adm "Test.txt" ) | mailx -s "Test" P***.P****@at***.com mailx -s "test mail" P****.P***@at***.com < $Admin Any other option.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to send an email to a Linux Server?

Hello All, I was curious if its possible to send an email (in reverse) to a linux server from an email client (like Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc...)? I know it's possible to send an email FROM a Linux Server TO a email address, but I tried to just 'reply' to the Linux Servers address that sent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
dns(n)									dns								    dns(n)

NAME
dns - Tcl Domain Name Service Client SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require dns ?1.0.1? ::dns::resolve query ?options? ::dns::configure ?options? ::dns::name token ::dns::address token ::dns::cname token ::dns::status token ::dns::error token ::dns::reset token ::dns::wait token ::dns::cleanup token DESCRIPTION
The dns package provides a Tcl only Domain Name Service client. You should refer to RFC 1034 and RFC 1035 for information about the DNS protocol or read resolver(3) to find out how the C library resolves domain names. The intention of this package is to insulate Tcl scripts from problems with using the system library resolver for slow name servers. It may or may not be of practical use. The package also extends the package uri to support DNS URIs or the form dns:what.host.com or dns://my.nameserver/what.host.com. The dns::resolve command can handle DNS URIs or simple domain names as a query. Note: This package uses TCP to query DNS servers as the tcl core does not implement UDP networking. This means that this module will not work if DNS over TCP is blocked by a firewall, or not accepted by the chosen nameserver. COMMANDS
::dns::resolve query ?options? Resolve a domain name using the DNS protocol. query is the domain name to be lookup up. This should be either a fully qualified domain name or a DNS URI. -nameserver hostname or -server hostname Specify an alternative name server for this request. -protocol tcp|udp Specify the network protocol to use for this request. Can be one of tcp or udp. However only tcp is currently implemented in the package. -port portnum Specify an alternative port. -search domainlist -timeout milliseconds Override the default timeout. -type TYPE Specify the type of DNS record you are interested in. Valid values are A, NS, MD MF, CNAME, SOA, MB, MG, MR, NULL, WKS, PTR, HINFO, MINFO, MX, TXT, AXFR, MAILB, MAILA and *. See RFC1035 for details about the return values. -class CLASS Specify the class of domain name. This is usually IN but may be one of IN for internet domain names, CS, CH, HS or * for any class. -recurse boolean Set to false if you do not want the name server to recursively act upon your request. Normally set to true. -command procname Set a procedure to be called upon request completion. The procedure will be passed the token as its only argument. ::dns::configure ?options? The ::dns::configure command is used to setup the dns package. The server to query, the protocol and domain search path are all set via this command. If no arguments are provided then a list of all the current settings is returned. If only one argument then it must the the name of an option and the value for that option is returned. -nameserver hostname Set the default name server to be used by all queries. The default is localhost. -protocol tcp|udp Set the default network protocol to be used. Defaults to tcp. -port portnum Set the default port to use on the name server. The default is 53. -search domainlist Set the domain search list. This is currently not used. -timeout milliseconds Set the default timeout value for DNS lookups. Defaults to 30 seconds. ::dns::name token Returns a list of all domain names returned as an answer to your query. ::dns::address token Returns a list of the address records that match your query. ::dns::cname token Returns a list of canonical names (usually just one) matching your query. ::dns::status token Returns the status flag. For a successfully completed query this will be ok. May be error or timeout or eof. See also ::dns::error ::dns::error token Returns the error message provided for requests whose status is error. If there is no error message then an empty string is returned. ::dns::reset token Reset or cancel a DNS query. ::dns::wait token Wait for a DNS query to complete and return the status upon completion. ::dns::cleanup token Remove all state variables associated with the request. EXAMPLES
% set tok [dns::resolve www.tcl.tk] ::dns::1 % dns::status $tok ok % dns::address $tok 199.175.6.239 % dns::name $tok www.tcl.tk Using DNS URIs as queries: % set tok [dns::resolve "dns:tcl.tk;type=MX"] % set tok [dns::resolve "dns://l.root-servers.net/www.tcl.tk"] SEE ALSO
resolver(5) AUTHORS
Pat Thoyts KEYWORDS
DNS, resolver, domain name service dns 1.0.1 dns(n)