Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need some help with backup
Operating Systems AIX need some help with backup Post 302713383 by fierfek on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 03:01:12 PM
Old 10-10-2012
Thanks guys for the help. I have been able to get my data backed. I am trying to get one mksysb done to a mounted volume. I have created a nfs mount to a linux nas device. is this the correct syntax
mksysb -i /backup/image

will that create the bootable image that can be burned?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding backup

hi i wanna know that is any such type of backup possible in Solaris or AIX that if my system crashes and i had to format the server.........then i shud be able to build the server with that backup only...........if so how thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup

Dear All I have an HP 9000/800 UNIX machine , I have also Oracle applications 11i installed on it , we tried to take backup using fbackup command but it skipped some files ( was for database and the database was up and running ) but it took the other database files. I need to know also ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hisham.hamdy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup to CD ????? any one know how to do ???

hi, am trying to backup data on cd, cuz i don not have tape device....!!! i've rewritable CDROM, am using solaris 10 for x86 on vmware ..... how to make a backup data to a cd_rom againist to tape ? # ufsdump 0f cd_rom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasame
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup

hi seniors today i took a backup using tar cmd in this i took two files for backup,backup was done succesfully but while viewing using tar -tvf ------- its showiing only one file at a time and i took backup in /etc/hosts,/etc/sen/nes (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies
vxconfigbackupd(1M)													       vxconfigbackupd(1M)

NAME
vxconfigbackupd - disk group configuration backup daemon SYNOPSIS
vxconfigbackupd [-l] DESCRIPTION
The vxconfigbackupd daemon automatically backs up information about a disk group's new configuration whenever the configuration is changed. OPTIONS
-l Logs backup daemon activities to the file /etc/vx/cbr/bkdaemonLog. FILES
/sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover Startup file for vxconfigbackupd. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.dginfo Location of backup file for disk group information. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.diskinfo Location of backup file for disk attributes. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.binconfig Location of backup file for binary configuration copy. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.cfgrec Location of backup file for configuration records in vxprint -m format. NOTES
The vxconfigbackup command can be used to back up a disk group's configuration manually at any desired time. The disk group configuration backup and restore utilities do not save any data in the public region. This includes file system or other application data that is configured within VxVM objects. When a disk group is destroyed, its configuration backup information (including the backup directory) is also removed. The only exception to this behavior is when the disk group is in the precommit state of restoration. The backup directory should be large enough to accommodate copies of all the currently imported disk groups. The minimum recommended size of the backup directory is P * (N + 1) megabytes, where P is the private region in megabytes (by default, 32MB), and N is the number of disk groups. The additional P megabytes is required to hold a temporary copy of the disk group configuration when a disk group is imported or a configuration change is made. The default backup directory is /etc/vx/cbr/bk. The location of the backup directory can be configured by using the vxconfigbackup -l backup_directory_path command. SEE ALSO
vxconfigbackup(1M), vxconfigrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxconfigbackupd(1M)