Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving to usb
Operating Systems Solaris Saving to usb Post 302713325 by Corona688 on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 01:12:42 PM
Old 10-10-2012
What filesystem is the drive formatted to? Solaris probably can't understand NTFS.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving to a floppy

How do I save a file to a floppy. I mounted the drive and it is there. Everytime I try to save to the floppy, it tells me the resource is busy. Please advise. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umether
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving scripts to usb device

How do I save a script to a pen drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving from unix into pc

hi, i access unix through secure shell (SSH) from my pc running on windows. Can i save files from unix directly into windows-run pc?. e.g. vi files into notepad??? thanks alot, -a (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving a vi session

Apologies if this isn't quite the right thread I have a vi session and I have set a lot of tags with 'mx'. can I save this session preserving these tags so when I go back to the session I don't have to reset them all? cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving value as default value

Hi everybody, I have a prog who is filtering an image with a lot of parameters. The user has two choices : -Running the script with default values -Running the script manually (i.e choosing himself the parameters values) What I would like to do is that if he wants, the users can keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Live-cd Saving changes

Hi all, firstly apologies if this is in the wrong category. I have been making livecds (fedora based) and to change eg the background i use below in the ks file. this works fine, however when i install the livecd it loses the changes. How can i make the changes so that they stay when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewilks
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files

Hi all, I need to save my files at c, d or any drive location via script. Requirement. Say for example i have 10 files at location /usr/bi/ci location. 10 files naming a.ksh b,ksh c.ksh and so on I want to save the files and its content at some location (any drive on local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies
GRUB-PROBE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     GRUB-PROBE(3)

NAME
grub-probe -- Probe device information for a given path. SYNOPSIS
grub-probe [-m | --device-map=FILE] [-t | --target=(fs|fs_uuid|fs_label|drive|device|partmap| abstraction|cryptodisk_uuid| msdos_parttype)] [-v | --verbose] (PATH|DEVICE) DESCRIPTION
grub-probe probes a path or device for filesystem and related information. OPTIONS
--device Final option represents a DEVICE, rather than a filesystem PATH. --device-map=FILE Use FILE as the device map. The default value is /boot/grub/device.map. --target=(fs|fs_uuid|fs_label|drive|device|partmap|msdos_parttype) Select among various output definitions. The default is fs. fs filesystem module fs_uuid filesystem UUID fs_label filesystem label drive GRUB drive name device System device partmap partition map module abstraction abstraction module cryptodisk_uuid cryptographic container msdos_partmap MS-DOS partition map --verbose Print verbose output. (PATH|DEVICE) If --device is passed, a block DEVICE. Otherwise, the PATH of a file on the filesystem. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-PROBE(3)