Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPv6 for Solaris DNS
Operating Systems Solaris IPv6 for Solaris DNS Post 302713029 by Dardeer on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 09:46:09 AM
Old 10-10-2012
I don't think that would help. This is about Solaris IPv6. I'm looking for Bind IPv6 configuration on Solaris.

---------- Post updated at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:11 PM ----------

Ok found it. This record is at the DNS that is authoratative to us

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Solaris IPv6

Hi, Anybody who worked with IPv6 on Solaris 8. I want to get rid of IPv6 (Uninstall). Any comments ...ideas...will be highly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

IPv6 on Solaris 10

Hi! I have to configure ipv6 network between two computers with Solaris 10 but I not an expert in using any unix system and I do it becouse I need it to my study. Is someone here who could help me and describe step-by-step how to do it? please!!! PS. I need to configure network to do secure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kolec
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Server with IPv6 support

Hello, i have a problem with a dns server. It is running bind 9.4.1 (compiled with "-enable-ipv6") on an AIX 5.3 system. The server starts without any errors or warnings. I am also able to lookup names for IPv4 adresses. But with IPv6 i have a strange problem. When i execute the following dig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skanatiker
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

checking Solaris 10 DNS server for IPv6

hi, i have a Solaris 10 DNS server, how do you check whether it can support IPv6 networking ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 disable IPv6

I've new installed Solaris 11 on Sparc T4-1. I'd like to disable IPv6 but with no luck. lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 net0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 IPv6

Hello Dears , please I need your support I have Oracle Solaris 10 X86 server please if you can advise how can I add IP v6 on my server and if IPv6 was disabled how can i enable it also how can i add two IP (v4 and v6) on the same interface or I have to add another interface . Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttashman
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What determines DNS will query IPV6 address?

When I do simple nslookup it does not generate any query for IPV6 (AAAA). But sometimes I see DNS query for both A and AAAA are generated. What decides this? The reason I do not want AAAA query is in most of the cases AAAA records are absent. Hence, if one DNS server fails, the clients keeps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: broy32000
1 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/home/lennart/tmp/avahi/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)