Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Unknown Syntax Error
Top Forums Programming Help Unknown Syntax Error Post 302712807 by Corona688 on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 07:49:30 PM
Old 10-09-2012
It sounds like you've jammed C dode into a script file and tried to run it. C is not a script. Compiling .c files generates a new file, that is the file you run.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

bothered by bsd-gw[ID] lpr.error unknown printer (laser1)

Please help! This message is creating a space problem in my /var/adm/messages and I don't know where it's coming from. I don't have any printer on my system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kicko
2 Replies

2. Programming

Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.weakref'

It's really strange that I have these error messages as follows when I tried to compile the C++ program. g++ -c -pipe -DOpenModeType=std::_Ios_Openmode -g -I. -o Obj/NP_genome_info.o NP_genome_info.cpp {standard input}: Assembler messages: {standard input}:10: Error: unknown pseudo-op:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Unknown File Type error

Greetings there, i was trying to install an eclipse plugin on sunOS 4.x for the solaris sparc platform, and i got the following error: /usr/project/RAServer/bin> ./RAStart.sh Starting Agent Controller ld.so.1: RAServer: fatal: /usr/project/RAServer/lib/libxerces-c.so.24: unknown file type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitsz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell test: unknown operator

Hi All, can some one figure out the syntax issue here. How to overcome this? #!/bin/sh $ HFR_MAIL=NO $ PRP_MAIL=NO $ MC_MAIL=NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO " > else > echo "YES" > fi test: unknown operator NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO" > else > echo "YES" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

FIFO possible blocking or unknown error

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a chat program using two FIFOs one for writing and the other for reading. The problem is something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown error - ``' unmatched

Hi Guys, I get the error while running below commands. Earlier the command used to execute, but after enclosing them in a function, the error is occuring backupPath=`echo $folderName | sed -e 's,/vobs/dte/itgClient/client/RegressionTestLibPostOHS/,,'` check_event=`cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SFTP Error Server Unknown

Not sure if this is the right forum and I apologies if not. I use Expression web to update our website on a UNIX server using SFTP. I use the same laptop, software, that works fine when at home, but when I travel, I tend to get a unknown server error. I am suspecting that it has something to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae3799t
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unknown operator error while using a function

Hi, I wrote a function for the first time and not able to get the desired result. I have requirement to execute 10 queries. For this i wrote a function like below. function Command { typeset var SOL; if ; then CONNECTION="${CONNECTION} -e -time"; else SOL="`nzsql ${CONNECTION} -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
8 Replies
syntax(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 syntax(3)

NAME
syntax - Activate syntax extensions VERSION
version 0.004 SYNOPSIS
# either use syntax 'foo'; # or use syntax foo => { ... }; # or use syntax qw( foo bar ), baz => { ... }; DESCRIPTION
This module activates community provided syntax extensions to Perl. You pass it a feature name, and optionally a scalar with arguments, and the dispatching system will load and install the extension in your package. The import arguments are parsed with Data::OptList. There are no standardised options. Please consult the documentation for the specific syntax feature to find out about possible configuration options. The passed in feature names are simply transformed: "function" becomes Syntax::Feature::Function and "foo_bar" would become "Syntax::Feature::FooBar". METHODS
import syntax->import( @spec ); This method will dispatch the syntax extension setup to the specified feature handlers for the calling package. import_into syntax->import_into( $into, @spec ); Same as "import", but performs the setup in $into instead of the calling package. unimport syntax->unimport( @features ); This method will trigger uninstallations of the @features from the calling package. unimport_from syntax->unimport_from( $from, @features ); Same as "unimport", but will uninstall the @features from $from. RECOMMENDED FEATURES
o Syntax::Feature::Function Activates functions with parameter signatures. SEE ALSO
Syntax::Feature::Function, Devel::Declare BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to bug-syntax@rt.cpan.org or through the web interface at: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=syntax AUTHOR
Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek <rs@474.at> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-05-18 syntax(3)