Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS Post 302712753 by DGPickett on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 04:35:19 PM
Old 10-09-2012
I you install in a side directory tree, you can allow the necessary code to find the older libs using $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and -L, but you may need to run them in a wrapper script that feeds them the right $LD_LIBRARY_PATH libs.

Usually, you get a newer application to match your O/S.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS vs Solaris 10

Hello, I am considering Ubuntu 10.04 (ubuntu-10.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso) and also Solaris 10 (sol-10-u10-ga2-x86-dvd.iso) for different hardware applications and I had a few questions. The hardware on my laptop is: HP Pavilion dv4 2045-dx x64 laptop AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

GUI for a single user using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I setup an Ubuntu 10.04 server which has several developers on the box. I have been ask to add a gui to the server. Only one developer want the gui to start when she logs in(runlevel 2 with a GUI). I am used to seeing an /etc/inittab file which I cannot seem to find under this Ubuntu version. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Logging samba share in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi guys I am trying to log full_audit on my samba shares so I know who is creating, deleting, renaming, moving etc. files and directories in the samba/windows share. In my etc/samba/smb.conf file, under I have: # Audit settings full_audit: prefix = %u|%I|%S full_audit:failure =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Emacs printing with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I am trying to setup a development environment that mirrors my Windows and SCO Unix systems. I use emacs and I am having trouble printing. I keep getting the error message; Symbol's function definition is void: default-printer-name I have googled this and for possible answers for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
0 Replies
redland-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						 redland-config(1)

NAME
redland-config - script to get information about the installed version of Redland SYNOPSIS
redland-config [--cflags] [--help] [--libs] [--libtool-libs] [--prefix[=DIR]] [--private-libs] [--version-decimal] [--version] DESCRIPTION
redland-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the Redland RDF library. OPTIONS
redland-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of redland on the standard output. --version-decimal Print the currently installed version of redland as a decimal integer. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a redland program. This excludes linker arguments used to build the librdf shared library. --libtool-libs Print the flags that are necessary to link a redland program with libtool. --private-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to build the librdf shared library. This option is not usually needed because the librdf shared library has already been dynamically linked against these libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a redland program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that redland was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
redland(3), AUTHOR
Dave Beckett - http://www.dajobe.org/ <http://www.dajobe.org/> 2008-09-07 redland-config(1)