Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Version of Jdk on my machine
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Version of Jdk on my machine Post 302712563 by chercheur857 on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 10:00:12 AM
Old 10-09-2012
the same code run correctly on a machine with jdk: java version "1.6.0_20" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.13) (6b20-1.9.13-0ubuntu1~10.10.1) OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing) but with other machine with jdk openjdk-6-jdk does not work :::

At run time the program does not rename the file (it does not moving the file).. i have an error when the programm will use the file in the new destination (when i insert command linux mv in my code java it works !!!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find jdk 1.3.1

Hello, I try to find the file jdk-1.3.1_03-fcs.rpm (pre-requisite for Oracle Applications 11.5.8) for Linux x86 but it doesn't available anywhere... Maybe here, somebody have it ? :o Rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JDK Installation

I'm trying to install JDK (Java Development tools) and i get this: WARNING: The <SUNWj6dev> package "JDK 6.0 Dev. Tools (1.6.0)" is a prerequisite package and should be installed. WARNING: The <SUNWj6rtx> package "JDK 6.0 64-bit Runtime Env. (1.6.0)" is a prerequisite package and should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idan_cn
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install jdk

Hi, I need a shell script that would do silent installation of jdk on a linux machine. Can anyone help me with this? Thanx Sunny (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

jdk installation question

hi, i just "yum install jdk*.i386" and installation was complete without any error. however, i tried to #javac helloworld " and javac is not found in the $PATH. i tried to locate it and didn't find it. would anyone shed some light on where the "yum install" installed my jdk to? where can i find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Jdk 1.6 Installtion

How to install the jdk 1.6 in the solaris sparc 10 64bit. Any patch is required for jdk 1.6 for solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saktiviji
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

JDK path

Hello, I have installed the default JDK from Software centre, but when i type whereis JDK on the terminal.. i don't see any path :mad: i need JDk to install a tool ... Hurry!!! please HELP:confused::confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
4 Replies

7. Programming

Installing jdk

I just downloaded jdk, but am unsure about updating the PATH variable. What steps should I follow ? Evidently I have to/prefer to be logged in as root to install jdk on my UBUNTU 10.04 linux.BTW, this question needs to go in another forum, but out of disuse I have forgotten my root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
1 Replies

8. Solaris

is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine?

i heard some where veritas volume manager wont work on solaris x86. i have installed vmware into my 32bit xp machine. i am planning to learn veritas.. is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

jdk

How can i see if jdk is installed or not on my system. I am on HP UX B.11.31 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upgrade Perl version on Solaris machine

Hi, Can you please assist in upgrading perl from 5.8.x to 5.10? Right now i am running the below verison on my Solaris SPARC machine. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
8 Replies
MAKE-JPKG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MAKE-JPKG(1)

NAME
make-jpkg - builds Debian packages from Java binary distributions SYNOPSIS
make-jpkg [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE. Supported java binary distributions currently include: * Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) : - The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE API Javadoc, version 6 (update >= 10), 7 (Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!) The following options are recognized: --full-name NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package --email EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package --changes create a .changes file --revision add debian revision --help display help text and exit --version output version information and exit Download a supported Java RE or SDK or API tar.gz or self-extracting archive from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads and execute make-jpkg file with the downloaded file. The program asks the user for additional information and builds a Debian binary pack- age in the current directory. The program requires about 200 MB free disk space in a temporary directory. The temporary directory defaults to /tmp but you can specify an alternate directory by setting the environment variable TMPDIR. EXAMPLE
To install Oracle(TM) 7 Standard Edition JDK, download a release - 64 bits version of update 2 from http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u2-download-1377129.html in this example - and invoke make-jpkg: make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz This generate a Debian package in the current directory, that can be installed using dpkg: dpkg -i oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb When you're done, you can delete initial download as well as generated package: rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp) J2SE_PACKAGE_FULL_NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used. J2SE_PACKAGE_EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "pkg-java-maintain- ers@lists.alioth.debian.org" is used. SEE ALSO
update-java-alternatives(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Hubert Schmid <j2se-package@z42.de>. It is now maintained by the Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. January 22, 2012 MAKE-JPKG(1)