Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List only files based on a pattern Post 302712491 by bmk on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 08:40:20 AM
Old 10-09-2012
if the extension of the .txt file...
try like...
Code:
 ls test?.???

---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:36 AM ----------

if is numbers only try like..

Code:
ls test[1-9].???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/Find files based on position pattern

Hi All, Please help me to find or remove files based on position based search pattern. file1.txt: aaabbbccc dddeeefff iiijjjkkk file2.txt: lllmmmnnn ooopppqqq rrrsssttt file3.txt: uuuvvvwww xxxeeeyyy zzzcccooo From the above files, I like to delete the files that have "eee"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files based on a pattern

Hi All, I need to find and list the last 5 days files in that exact name with "MIM" and copy to another directory. please help me in this there is around 30000 files Thanks Murali (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 969murali@gmail
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a huge 7 GB File Based on Pattern into 4 files

Hi, I have a Huge 7 GB file which has around 1 million records, i want to split this file into 4 files to contain around 250k messages each. Please help me as Split command cannot work here as it might miss tags.. Format of the file is as below <!--###### ###### START-->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KishM
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 3 files based on a pattern

HI, I have 3 files that contain the following information (sql output from Oracle database stored in a txt file): File1.txt : alter table "SYS"."INT_COST_PRICE" enable row movement; alter table "SYS"."INT_SOH" enable row movement; alter table "SYSMAN"."XX_ACI_SKURTP" enable row movement;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files based on pattern

Hi All, I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area. all contents which are under /* */ are commented all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from files based on file pattern

I want to extract dates from the files and i have different types of files with pattern. I have list file with the patterns and want to date extract based on it in a sh script Files in the directory : file1_20160101.txt file2_20160101_abc.txt filexyz20160101.txt list file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenation of multiple files based on file pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)