Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers disregarding space when using awk print Post 302712359 by RudiC on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 05:52:10 AM
Old 10-09-2012
Code:
awk '/FIBRE/ {print $(NF-2)}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print disk space warning of 70%

Hi All, I have a script that run every night to check disk space. echo "Warning: Disk with 70%~79% used" && df -k | grep .% I want the echo should go out only if there's a FS usage findings of 70%+. I want a simple shell script, not with if and then script. Thank you for any comments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

way to print all the string till we get a space and a number

Is there any way to print all the string till we get a space and a number and store it a variable for eg we have string java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host 12 All I want is to store "java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and print next all character to next space

Hi, I have a big inventory file that is NOT sorted is any way. The file is have "tagged" information like the ip address "*IP=" or the name "*NM=" . How do I get just the ip address or the name and not the whole line? I have tried to use AWK without any success. I always get the whole line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrebjarnfelt
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk until blank space and print next line

Hello and Happy New Year 2012! I have this example: 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 For that, I'm trying to get: 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 for that, I think this might work but doesnt work so far: awk '{for(i=1;i=NF;i++);sub(/\//,"",$i);print $i}' myfile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pattern regardless of space between

I have this content in file sshd : ALL : allow SSHD : all : ALLOW sshD : All : AllOW What I need is to print the occurrence of "sshd:all" regardless of the spaces between them and if lower/upper case. So all lines should be printed in output when "grepped" or "printed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print used space

Hi Team, Can you please tell me how to get a used space in KB LINUX and free space in KB separate commands. For example: $df -k /rer (apdfp01.xxx.com:/var/adm/rash/MT) : 2066900 total allocated Kb 4579 free allocated Kb 16121 used allocated Kb 89 % allocation used /dev/deviceFS1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 1 to 10 with space in shell script

Hi, I want to print 1 to 10 or upto any number sequentially with space in a single line. Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...... In shell script only.. Can anyone plz help me. Thanks: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to print columns with space

Hello I am trying to pull specific columns from an output file that contains spaces and make it a variable.. Here is a piece of the output file and my command: Host1 UNIX /vol/volume/my stuff When I pull in the data into my variable the word stuff is left off - I need this as part of my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmalvest
10 Replies
TZSELECT(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       TZSELECT(8)

NAME
tzselect - select a timezone SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
The tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting timezone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable. All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is zero if a timezone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
AWK Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk). TZDIR Name of the directory containing timezone data files (default: /usr/share/zoneinfo). FILES
TZDIR/iso3166.tab Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names. TZDIR/zone.tab Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments. TZDIR/TZ Time zone data file for timezone TZ. SEE ALSO
tzfile(5), zdump(8), zic(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-05-18 TZSELECT(8)