Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers read regex from ID file, print regex and line below from source file Post 302712149 by pathunkathunk on Monday 8th of October 2012 07:45:53 PM
Old 10-08-2012
jim, thanks for taking a look.

Using the code you provide, I get the following in terminal:
Quote:
awk: illegal primary in regular expression >m.54555 g.54555 ORF g.54555 m.54555 type:internal len:137 (+) comp1001102_c0_seq1:3-416(+) at ) comp1001102_c0_seq1:3-416(+)
input record number 3, file source.txt
source line number 3
cat newfile returns:
Quote:
> comp100001_c0_seq1
comp1002314_c0_seq1
>m.49518 g.49518 ORF g.49518 m.49518 type:internal len:169 (-) comp100001_c0_seq1:3-509(-)
FHPPVSDSCKRCDMYKNQIKIAPENEKIQLNADHELHLRKAESARNGMNNDVELCKTDPNKVTVIAFDLMKTLSTPSLSVGVAYYKRQLSTYNLGIHNLT TNDAYMYVWNESMASRGPQEIGSCLLHFIKNYVHTEQLIMYSDQCGGQNRNIKMALICNFVVGSNDYLP
>m.54555 g.54555 ORF g.54555 m.54555 type:internal len:137 (+) comp1001102_c0_seq1:3-416(+)
Just to verify, here are the input files:
Quote:
$ cat source.txt
>m.49518 g.49518 ORF g.49518 m.49518 type:internal len:169 (-) comp100001_c0_seq1:3-509(-)
FHPPVSDSCKRCDMYKNQIKIAPENEKIQLNADHELHLRKAESARNGMNNDVELCKTDPNKVTVIAFDLMKTLSTPSLSVGVAYYKRQLSTYNLGIHNLT TNDAYMYVWNESMASRGPQEIGSCLLHFIKNYVHTEQLIMYSDQCGGQNRNIKMALICNFVVGSNDYLP
>m.54555 g.54555 ORF g.54555 m.54555 type:internal len:137 (+) comp1001102_c0_seq1:3-416(+)
YGDLDDSALDAEGPAGPVYRFSRRKSDTKSDDNSQSNGEGVMMMINGELVKVEQLKREEIINCTCGYTEEDGLMIQCDLCLCWQHGHCNGIEREKDVPEK YICYICSHPYRQRPSRKYIHDQDWIKEGKLVSLTKRK
>m.54557 g.54557 ORF g.54557 m.54557 type:internal len:113 (+) comp1002314_c0_seq1:2-343(+)
SIKARQIYDSRGNPTVEVDLVTENGLFRAAVPSGASTGVHEALELRDNDKSMYHGKSVFKAVDNINSIIAPELLKANIEVTEQAEIDNFLLKLDGTPNKS KLGANAILGVSLA
$ cat ID.txt
comp100001_c0_seq1
comp1002314_c0_seq1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print file contents except regex

Hello, I have a file which has user information. Each user has 2 variables with the same name like Email: testuser1 Email: testuser1@test.com Email: testuser2 Email: testuser2@test.com My intention is to delete the ones without the '@' symbol. When I run this statement awk '/^Email:/&&!/@/'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmsagar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send lines of file to new file based on Regex

I have a file that looks like this: cat includes CORP-CRASHTEST-BU e:\crashplan\ CORP-TEST /usr/openv/java /usr/openv/logs /usr/openv/man CORP-LABS_TEST /usr/openv/java /usr/openv/logs /usr/openv/man What I want to do is make three new files with just those selections. So the three... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex's from file1, print line and line after matches in file2

Good day, I have a list of regular expressions in file1. For each match in file2, print the containing line and the line after. file1: file2: Output: I can match a regex and print the line and line after awk '{lines = $0} /Macrosiphum_rosae/ {print lines ; print lines } ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure using regex with awk in 'while read file' loop

I have a file1.txt with several 100k lines, each of which has a column 9 containing one of 60 "label" identifiers. Using an labels.txt file containing a list of labels, I'd like to extract 200 random lines from file1.txt for each of the labels in index.txt. Using a contrived mini-example: $ cat... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed REGEX to print multiple occurrences of a pattern from a line

I have a line that I need to parse through and extract a pattern that occurs multiple times in it. Example line: getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

(n)awk: print regex search output lines in one line

Hello. I have been looking high and low for the solution for this. I seems there should be a simple answer, but alas. I have a big xml file, and I need to extract certain information from specific items. The information I need can be found between a specific set of tags. let's call them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobias-Reiper
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
io_waitread(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    io_waitread(3)

NAME
io_waitread - read from a descriptor SYNTAX
#include <io.h> int io_waitread(int64 fd,char* buf,int64 len); DESCRIPTION
io_waitread tries to read len bytes of data from descriptor fd into buf[0], buf[1], ..., buf[len-1]. (The effects are undefined if len is 0 or smaller.) There are several possible results: o o_waitread returns an integer between 1 and len: This number of bytes was available for immediate reading; the bytes were read into the beginning of buf. Note that this number can be, and often is, smaller than len; you must not assume that io_waitread always succeeds in reading exactly len bytes. o io_waitread returns 0: No bytes were read, because the descriptor is at end of file. For example, this descriptor has reached the end of a disk file, or is reading an empty pipe that has been closed by all writers. o io_waitread returns -3, setting errno to something other than EAGAIN: No bytes were read, because the read attempt encountered a persis- tent error, such as a serious disk failure (EIO), an unreachable network (ENETUNREACH), or an invalid descriptor number (EBADF). SEE ALSO
io_nonblock(3), io_waitread(3), io_waitreadtimeout(3) io_waitread(3)