Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers removing files in a given subfolder Post 302712031 by Hugi on Monday 8th of October 2012 11:00:54 AM
Old 10-08-2012
Sorry, dont ask me why i posted in german.. Smilie

"your idea sounds nice, but if there is another folder on same level, the files inside will be deleted too."

Wirkt verführerisch, jedoch trifft das dann auch auf Ordner zu die evtl auf gleicher Ebene angelegt wurden.
Ich würde schon gerne genauer sortieren. Dann bleibt mir doch wohl nur scripten...

Last edited by Hugi; 10-08-2012 at 05:51 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Samba read only subfolder.

Hi, I need to make a folder read only under a fileshare that has full permissions granted to it. The fileshare with full permissions is /u02/prodfileshare. The folder I need to make read only for everyone except the owner of the folder is called /u02/prodfileshare/EFT/purchases. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Get the count fo files in each subfolder

Hi is there a command to get the count of files inside each sub directory in a directory. example: in a directory like this /opt/:> ls subdir1 subdir2 subdir3 I need to see the count of files in sub directories like this: /opt/subdir1: 3 files /opt/subdir2: 5 files /opt/subdir3: 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjangr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip subfolder to some path.

I have a zip file (somezipfile.zip) with the following contents in it: dir1/subdir1/somefile1.txt dir1/subdir2/somefile2.txt dir1/subdir2/somefile3.txt dir1/somefile3.txt dir1/somefile4.txt dir2/somefile5.txt dir2/somefile6.txt Lets say I unzip this to my home directory so now I have: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of files in a folder inclusive subfolder

Hi, I need to list the names of existing files in a specific folder. I have written a script for that, but the problem is, it is also picking up name of a subfolder that is there in that folder. I need only the list of files and not that subfolder. How to go about that ? Can anyone plz help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy subfolder and files to matching directory

The bash executes but returns no results and the set -xv showed while the $run variable in blue, was extracted correctly, the $match value in green, was not, rather both values in home/cmccabe/Desktop/f1 were extracted not just the matching. There will always be an exact match from the $run to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
RMM(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMM(1)

NAME
rmm - remove messages SYNOPSIS
rmm [+folder] [msgs] [-unlink | -nounlink] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
By default, rmm will remove the specified messages by renaming each of the message files with a site-dependent prefix (usually a comma). Such files will then need to be removed in some manner after a certain amount of time. Many sites arrange for cron to remove these files once a day, so check with your system administrator. Alternately, if you wish for rmm to really remove the files representing these messages, you can use the -unlink switch. But messages removed by this method cannot be later recovered. If you prefer a more sophisticated method of `removing' messages, you can define the rmmproc profile component. For example, you can add a profile component such as rmmproc: /home/foouser/bin/rmm_msgs then instead of simply renaming the message file, rmm will call the named program or script to handle the files that represent the messages to be deleted. Some users of csh prefer the following: alias rmm 'refile +d' where folder `+d' is a folder for deleted messages, and alias mexp 'rm `mhpath +d all`' is used to "expunge" deleted messages. The current message is not changed by rmm, so a next will advance to the next message in the folder as expected. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message SEE ALSO
refile(1), rmf(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to cur `-nounlink' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. BUGS
Since refile uses your rmmproc to delete the message, the rmmproc must NOT call refile without specifying -normmproc, or you will create an infinte loop. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMM(1)