Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS Post 302711987 by nov_2012 on Monday 8th of October 2012 09:51:39 AM
Old 10-08-2012
Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I come across the following error while configuring glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS:"These critical programs are missing or too old: ld". Please suggest me a solution for the same at the earliest.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS vs Solaris 10

Hello, I am considering Ubuntu 10.04 (ubuntu-10.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso) and also Solaris 10 (sol-10-u10-ga2-x86-dvd.iso) for different hardware applications and I had a few questions. The hardware on my laptop is: HP Pavilion dv4 2045-dx x64 laptop AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

GUI for a single user using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I setup an Ubuntu 10.04 server which has several developers on the box. I have been ask to add a gui to the server. Only one developer want the gui to start when she logs in(runlevel 2 with a GUI). I am used to seeing an /etc/inittab file which I cannot seem to find under this Ubuntu version. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Logging samba share in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi guys I am trying to log full_audit on my samba shares so I know who is creating, deleting, renaming, moving etc. files and directories in the samba/windows share. In my etc/samba/smb.conf file, under I have: # Audit settings full_audit: prefix = %u|%I|%S full_audit:failure =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Emacs printing with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I am trying to setup a development environment that mirrors my Windows and SCO Unix systems. I use emacs and I am having trouble printing. I keep getting the error message; Symbol's function definition is void: default-printer-name I have googled this and for possible answers for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
0 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)