Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Traceroute
Special Forums IP Networking Traceroute Post 302711571 by budiantho_indra on Sunday 7th of October 2012 03:30:46 AM
Old 10-07-2012
Okay, tx. I am not a hacker. I am just wondering whether there is a tool that hide a computer from traceroute. Here is my problem, someone has entered into a production machine (and we lost much), and i need to know who is he by traceroute periodically every one minute. I know its IP Address and computer name, but i don't know from which branch or location he broke our machine. Anyway, thank you, I ask in the wrong forum for this case. Next time i'll ask only about non-hacking question. Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute output?

I understand the concept of traceroute - can anyone explain the output to me e.g. 39ms 39ms 39ms are these the times for each trip it takes? Assuming each machine is pinged 3 times. and how does the RTT work? Is this the time it takes from one machine to another because it doesn't look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justine petrie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

will traceroute work for this?

hello all- I am soon to convert a large scale ftp server and my problem is this. There are currently over 50,000 ftp profiles (each one within an individual file) that I need to determine which of the 2 interfaces it is traveling to get to its destination. My plans were that I will loop thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. Solaris

is traceroute a problem?

Can somebody tell why 2 and 3 hops(147.149.129.21) are repeated two times? corizon@rds894a016 : /usr/sbin/traceroute 147.149.129.21 traceroute: Warning: Multiple interfaces found; using 10.187.37.35 @ e1000g1075000:4 traceroute to 147.149.129.21 (147.149.129.21), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvvkrishna
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Traceroute response

I have 20 servers I installed an application to that is returning message " wrong dispatcher or port " when starting agents. They all have the same dispatcher ip and going through the same port number. After verifying there are no application issues, we figured it was firewall related. The Firewall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HFJ
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Explain and example of traceroute.

Hi Colleagues, Somebody can explain me and send me examples about traceroute, I know is for network but I need anderstand your funcionality. Thank you for advanced. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traceroute Query

Hi guys, Quick traceroute query. As part of some research I'm doing I need to send a traceroute to an equal number of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on the net and basically capture the number of hops, and intermediate IP addresses from the traces. This all needs to be automated as there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: churchill
2 Replies
TRACEROUTE6(8)						 System Manager's Manual: iputils					    TRACEROUTE6(8)

NAME
traceroute6 - traces path to a network host SYNOPSIS
traceroute6 [-dnrvV] [-i interface] [-m max_ttl] [-p port] [-q max_probes] [-s source] [-w wait time] destination [size] DESCRIPTION
Description can be found in traceroute(8), all the references to IP replaced to IPv6. It is needless to copy the description from there. SEE ALSO
traceroute(8), tracepath(8), ping(8). HISTORY
This program has long history. Author of traceroute is Van Jacobson and it first appeared in 1988. This clone is based on a port of tracer- oute to IPv6 published in NRL IPv6 distribution in 1996. In turn, it was ported to Linux by Pedro Roque. After this it was kept in sync by Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>. And eventually entered iputils package. SECURITY
tracepath6 requires CAP_NET_RAWIO capability to be executed. It is safe to be used as set-uid root. AVAILABILITY
traceroute6 is part of iputils package and the latest versions are available in source form at http://www.skbuff.net/iputils/iputils-cur- rent.tar.bz2. iputils-101006 03 May 2011 TRACEROUTE6(8)