Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk) Post 302711561 by elixir_sinari on Sunday 7th of October 2012 03:04:53 AM
Old 10-07-2012
Assuming only positive values in the third field, you may try:
Code:
BEGIN{FS=";"}
$3>=highest[$1,$2]{maxrec[$1,$2]=$0;highest[$1,$2]=$3}
END{
for(i in maxrec)
 print maxrec[i]
}

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 10-07-2012 at 04:11 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: record has too many fields

Hi, I'm trying this command - but get this error. Do you guys have any workaround for this? cat tf|sed 's/{//g'|sed 's/,//g'|awk '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i == "OPTIME") {k = i + 2; print $i,$k}}}' awk: record `2005 Jul 28 17:35:29...' has too many fields record number 15 This is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Processing records as group - awk

I have a file has following records policy glb id 1233 name Permit ping from "One" to "Second" "Address1" "Any" "ICMP-ANY" permit policy id 999251 service "snmp-udp" exit policy glb id 1234 name Permit telnet from "One" to "Second" "Address2" "Any" "TCP-ANY" permit policy id 1234... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the fields of record using awk

Hi, i want to generate print statement using awk. i have 20+ and 30+ fields in each line Now its priting only first eight fields print statement as output not all. my record is as shown below filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records using AWK

Hi, To be honest, I am really impressed and amazed at the pace I find solutions for un-solved coding mysteries in this forum. I have a file like this input1.txt x y z 1 2 3 a b c 4 -3 7 k l m n 0 p 1 2 a b c 4 input2 x y z 9 0 -1 a b c 0 6 9 k l m 8 o p 1 2 a f x 9 Output... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print matching records and occurences of each record

Hi all , I have two files : dblp.xml with dblp records and itu1.txt with faculty members records. I need to find out how many dblp records are related to the faculty members. More specific: I need to find out which names from itu1.txt are a match in dblp. xml file , print them and show how many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting group of records and loading last record

Hi Everyone, I have below record set. File is fixed widht file 101newjersyus 20150110 101nboston us 20150103 102boston us 20140106 102boston us 20140103 I need to group record based on first 3 letters in our case(101 and 102) and sort last 8 digit in ascending order and print only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricjemmy6
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping record of file 2 based on a reference file 1 in awk

I have 2 input files (tab separated): file1: make_A 1990 foo bar make_B 2010 this that make_C 2004 these those file2: make_X 1970 1995 ref_1:43 ref_2:65 make_A 1970 1995 ref_1:4 ref_2:21 ref_3:18 make_A 1980 2002 ref_1:7 ref_2:7 ref_3:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: group multiple fields from different records

Hi, My input looks like that: A|123|qwer A|456|tyui A|456|wsxe B|789|dfgh Using awk, I am trying to get: A|123;456|qwer;tyui;wsxe B|789|dfgh For records with same $1, group all the $2 in a field (without replicates), and all the $3 in a field (without replicates). What I have tried:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies
GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)						    Git Manual						       GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)

NAME
git-symbolic-ref - Read, modify and delete symbolic refs SYNOPSIS
git symbolic-ref [-m <reason>] <name> <ref> git symbolic-ref [-q] [--short] <name> git symbolic-ref --delete [-q] <name> DESCRIPTION
Given one argument, reads which branch head the given symbolic ref refers to and outputs its path, relative to the .git/ directory. Typically you would give HEAD as the <name> argument to see which branch your working tree is on. Given two arguments, creates or updates a symbolic ref <name> to point at the given branch <ref>. Given --delete and an additional argument, deletes the given symbolic ref. A symbolic ref is a regular file that stores a string that begins with ref: refs/. For example, your .git/HEAD is a regular file whose contents is ref: refs/heads/master. OPTIONS
-d, --delete Delete the symbolic ref <name>. -q, --quiet Do not issue an error message if the <name> is not a symbolic ref but a detached HEAD; instead exit with non-zero status silently. --short When showing the value of <name> as a symbolic ref, try to shorten the value, e.g. from refs/heads/master to master. -m Update the reflog for <name> with <reason>. This is valid only when creating or updating a symbolic ref. NOTES
In the past, .git/HEAD was a symbolic link pointing at refs/heads/master. When we wanted to switch to another branch, we did ln -sf refs/heads/newbranch .git/HEAD, and when we wanted to find out which branch we are on, we did readlink .git/HEAD. But symbolic links are not entirely portable, so they are now deprecated and symbolic refs (as described above) are used by default. git symbolic-ref will exit with status 0 if the contents of the symbolic ref were printed correctly, with status 1 if the requested name is not a symbolic ref, or 128 if another error occurs. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SYMBOLIC-REF(1)