Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing netbeans
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Installing netbeans Post 302711523 by Fingerz on Saturday 6th of October 2012 05:50:54 PM
Old 10-06-2012
Installing netbeans

How can I install netbeans on Solaris. Is there a package manager like yum for Fedora. I have tried pkg install netbeans, doesnt find it. Already preformed pkg install slim_install and it installed the jre. However if I run the sh file downloaded for netbeans it says no compatible JDK found.
Now in the /usr folder I have j2se java1.2 java and jdk folders.
I tried using the jdk folder and multiple directories with in it with no luck. Completely new to Solaris and Unix not really sure what file Im looking for or where it would be located.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

netbeans IDE on Hp-UX

Can netbeans IDE be installed and used on hp-ux? Sorry I know this is more java specific but does anybody have any experience with this? There does not seem to be any specific installation or support from netbeans. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domestos
0 Replies

2. Programming

Netbeans ide can't display chinese character in linux

When i write the source code in netbeans environment,if the source code,there are chinese characters,chinese characters will be displayed as box,how to solve this problem?please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
2 Replies
scap-as-rpm(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    scap-as-rpm(8)

NAME
scap-as-rpm - manual page for scap-as-rpm DESCRIPTION
usage: scap-as-rpm [-h] [--pkg-name PKG_NAME] [--pkg-version PKG_VERSION] [--pkg-release PKG_RELEASE] [--pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY] [--pkg-license PKG_LICENSE] [--pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION] [--rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION] [--srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION] FILE [FILE ...] Takes given SCAP input(s) and makes an RPM package that contains them. The result RPM can be installed using # yum install ./pack- age-name-1-1.rpm which will put the contents into /usr/share/xml/scap. No dependency on openscap or scapworkbench is enforced in the output package so you can use any SCAP-capable scanner to evaluate the content. positional arguments: FILE List of files that should be put into the result package. These should be SCAP XML files but such requirement is not enforced. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pkg-name PKG_NAME Name of the RPM package, if none is provided the basename of the first SCAP input is used. Ex.: xyzsecurity-guide --pkg-version PKG_VERSION --pkg-release PKG_RELEASE --pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY Optional short description of the package. --pkg-license PKG_LICENSE Short name of the license that you want to publish the package under. Ex.: GPLv2+, BSD, ... --pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION Folder where SCAP files are supposed to be installed. Each package will have its own folder inside this folder. RPM variables can be used and will be expanded as usual. It is recommended to keep the default settings. --rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result RPM shall be saved. --srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result SRPM shall be saved. scap-as-rpm November 2013 scap-as-rpm(8)