Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories How not to install fibre links between data centres! Post 302711315 by Linux_Guy on Friday 5th of October 2012 06:24:18 PM
Old 10-05-2012
8 Gbps --> 1Mbps. (not serious), but I would like to see what happens when you use blu-tack for testing purposes on a fiber optic network.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 x fibre cards elimination

Hi, I have variables like mentioned below and want to separate as mentioned in output. var1="4 x fibre cards" var2="2 fibre cards" var3="6 - fibre cards" var4="4 x dual-port" I have variables like this.I want to separate numbers from this and fibre cards from this. output has to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

3. AIX

Install Fibre Card AIX 5.3

Hello, I have two systems that are being prepared to be SAN attached .. can anyone tell me any specific checks I should perform prior to the cards being installed... I am aware of firmware / OS level and relevant drivers, is there anything else? thanks Chris. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

5. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Fibre Channel HBA recommendations?

We will be buying new Xeon E5-based servers for our datacenter and were wondering which Fibre Channel host bus adapters we should select for these. The choices are Emulex or QLogic (8Gb FC HBAs). Anybody have any recommendations on which is the better choice? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atahmass
1 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS - fibre adapters not seeing luns

Hi guys, I've been trying to tackle this issue for days and I'm stumped. Hopefully someone can give more light on what else I can do. I have a p7 series box, with dual VIOS and 10 lpars and everything was working fine until I had to move the box to another location in the data centre. Ensured... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
16 Replies
Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer2::Catalyst - SNMP Interface to Cisco Catalyst devices running Catalyst OS. AUTHOR
Max Baker SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $cat = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $cat->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info subclass to provide information for Cisco Catalyst series switches running CatOS. This class includes the Catalyst 2920, 4000, 5000, 6000 (hybrid mode) families. This subclass is not for all devices that have the name Catalyst. Note that some Catalyst switches run IOS, like the 2900 and 3550 families. Cisco Catalyst 1900 switches use their own MIB and have a separate subclass. Use the method above to have SNMP::Info determine the appropriate subclass before using this class directly. See SNMP::Info::device_type() for specifics. Note: Some older Catalyst switches will only talk SNMP version 1. Some newer ones will not return all their data if connected via Version 1. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $cat = new SNMP::Info::Layer2::Catalyst(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::CiscoStack SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP SNMP::Info::CDP SNMP::Info::CiscoStats SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity SNMP::Info::Layer2 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CDP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for its own MIB requirements. These MIBs are found in the standard v2 MIBs from Cisco. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $cat->os() Returns 'catalyst' $cat->os_ver() Tries to use the value from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats->os_ver() and if it fails it grabs $cat->m_swver()->{1} and uses that. $cat->vendor() Returns 'cisco' $cat->cisco_comm_indexing() Returns 1. Use vlan indexing. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStack See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $cat->interfaces() Returns the map between SNMP Interface Identifier (iid) and physical port name. $cat->i_name() Returns reference to hash of iid to human set name. "portName" $cat->i_physical() Returns a map to IID for ports that are physical ports, not vlans, etc. $cat->bp_index() Returns reference to hash of bridge port table entries map back to interface identifier (iid) Crosses ("portCrossIndex") to ("portIfIndex") since some devices seem to have problems with BRIDGE-MIB Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStack See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)