Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux (Ubuntu) = Unix (NOT IMPORTANT - NO RUSH) Post 302711299 by Linux_Guy on Friday 5th of October 2012 06:05:27 PM
Old 10-05-2012
What should I know when it comes to Linux vs. Unix? How far of a leap is it to really move from Linux to Unix?

Linux (Ubuntu) = Unix (fill in the blank), most likely not going to get a perfect match, but I want something that kind of relates to Ubuntu rather than starting out from pure scratch. If this is even possible.

What are common mistakes or misconceptions when it comes to a beginner taking on Unix?

or even...

What pisses off Unix members the most?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few Important doubts and questions..(Unix/Shell)

Hi All, I have a few questions which I am unable to solve/answer. Please help me with them:- Command in Unix to determine if a Host is connected to the internet ? If a parenet process is killed what happens to the child process? How do I print the first 10 lines of a file in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

2. Linux

Important Service Linux

Hi there; I need to know all the things about services which help my Linux OS running. So what're important services of LINUX OS ? Anyone can help me... Tks all ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)