Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux (Ubuntu) = Unix (NOT IMPORTANT - NO RUSH) Post 302711237 by Lem on Friday 5th of October 2012 02:39:32 PM
Old 10-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux_Guy
I want to move up to Unix
BTW: if you'd like to learn something about what UNIX actually is, you could start here: What is UNIX ?
--
Bye

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few Important doubts and questions..(Unix/Shell)

Hi All, I have a few questions which I am unable to solve/answer. Please help me with them:- Command in Unix to determine if a Host is connected to the internet ? If a parenet process is killed what happens to the child process? How do I print the first 10 lines of a file in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

2. Linux

Important Service Linux

Hi there; I need to know all the things about services which help my Linux OS running. So what're important services of LINUX OS ? Anyone can help me... Tks all ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
os_type(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  os_type(3alleg4)

NAME
os_type - Stores the detected type of the OS. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int os_type; DESCRIPTION
Set by allegro_init() to one of the values: OSTYPE_UNKNOWN - unknown, or regular MSDOS OSTYPE_WIN3 - Windows 3.1 or earlier OSTYPE_WIN95 - Windows 95 OSTYPE_WIN98 - Windows 98 OSTYPE_WINME - Windows ME OSTYPE_WINNT - Windows NT OSTYPE_WIN2000 - Windows 2000 OSTYPE_WINXP - Windows XP OSTYPE_WIN2003 - Windows 2003 OSTYPE_WINVISTA - Windows Vista OSTYPE_OS2 - OS/2 OSTYPE_WARP - OS/2 Warp 3 OSTYPE_DOSEMU - Linux DOSEMU OSTYPE_OPENDOS - Caldera OpenDOS OSTYPE_LINUX - Linux OSTYPE_SUNOS - SunOS/Solaris OSTYPE_FREEBSD - FreeBSD OSTYPE_NETBSD - NetBSD OSTYPE_IRIX - IRIX OSTYPE_DARWIN - Darwin OSTYPE_QNX - QNX OSTYPE_UNIX - Unknown Unix variant OSTYPE_BEOS - BeOS OSTYPE_MACOS - MacOS OSTYPE_MACOSX - MacOS X SEE ALSO
allegro_init(3alleg4), os_version(3alleg4), os_multitasking(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 os_type(3alleg4)