Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache2 reverse proxies implementation Post 302711151 by DGPickett on Friday 5th of October 2012 12:29:07 PM
Old 10-05-2012
There is not so much magic in proxy, reverse for forward. The tool lsof can show you who is listening on any port of the local server. A tcp socket connects to host X port Y says "GET /Z HTTP/9.9" to some proxying service, and it is piped to host A port B after that service is fed with a "GET /C HTTP/?.?", where X Y Z are translated to A B C. Ditto for POST. Rules vary for the forwarding and translation of other HTTP lines coming from the original client that may be fed to the final service. If your config is not working, turn on debugging for the proxying service, and read the logs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies

can anyone tell me a unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies? a fast one, with reliable results, that can load an ip list, or set an ip range, and specify ports thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Proxies (Best?)

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, would an administrator please move it? Thanks. I've got a situation where we are using iPlanet proxy server to allow some of our web browsers to ONLY go to certain sites on an "approved" list. If they try to go to sites that aren't on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementation of ls - i command

It is possible for me to obtain the Inode of the path name using ls -i <pathname> command Can anyone tell me how its implemented... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapathy.psgit
3 Replies

4. Programming

Malloc implementation in C

Hey Guys I am trying to implement the malloc function for my OS class and I am having a little trouble with it. I would be really grateful if I could get some hints on this problem. So I am using a doubly-linked list as my data structure and I have to allocate memory for it (duh...). The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gambit_b
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Malloc Implementation in C

Hey Guys Some of my friends have got together and we are trying to write a basic kernel similar to Linux. I am trying to implement the malloc function in C and I am using a doubly linked list as the primary data structure. I need to allocate memory for this link list (duh...) and I don't feel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lseek implementation

Hi everybody, i've been googling for ages now and gotten kinda desperate... The question, however, might be rather trivial for the experts: What is it exactly, i.e. physically, the POSIX function (for a file) "lseek" does? Does it trigger some kind of synchronization on disk? Is it just for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Humudituu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ipsec implementation

How can i implement Ipsec between two machines in linux_ ubuntu? any link?? suggestion?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Back up implementation

Is there any command to take create back up of a file as soon as when it is created?If not is it possible to create something like that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
3 Replies
A2ENCONF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       A2ENCONF(8)

NAME
a2enconf, a2disconf - enable or disable an apache2 configuration file SYNOPSIS
a2enconf [ [-q|--quiet] configuration] a2disconf [ [-q|--quiet] configuration] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the a2enconf and a2disconf commands. a2enconf is a script that enables the specified configuration file within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/conf-enabled. Likewise, a2disconf disables a specific configuration part by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a configuration which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled. Note that many configuration file may have a dependency to specific modules. Unlike module dependencies, these are not resolved automati- cally. Configuration fragments stored in the conf-available directory are considered non-essential or being installed and manged by reverse dependencies (e.g. web scripts). OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Don't show informative messages. -m, --maintmode Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users. -p, --purge When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base. EXIT STATUS
a2enconf and a2disconf exit with status 0 if all configurations are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used. EXAMPLES
a2enconf security a2disconf charset Enables Apache security directives stored in the security configuration files, and disables the charset configuration. FILES
/etc/apache2/conf-available Directory with files giving information on available configuration files. /etc/apache2/conf-enabled Directory with links to the files in conf-available for enabled configuration files. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8), a2enmod(8), a2dismod(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Arno Toell <debian@toell.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, as it is a Debian-specific script with the package. 14 February 2012 A2ENCONF(8)