Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to remove sudo access from a user ? Post 302711053 by wingcross on Friday 5th of October 2012 10:49:18 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Tools how to remove sudo access from a user ?

Hello Folks,

I need help on removing sudo access on one id but first of all, can i confirm that the user below is having sudo access ?
if he did have sudo access, how to remove ?
thanks

Code:
alrsprd3:root-/etc> more sudoers | grep fzcx0l
fzcx0l  ALL=(ALL) ALL
alrsprd3:root-/etc>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudo access verification

Hi All, I got lots of request with sudo, a manager request, verbal command, do this and do that. The problem with this kind of request is when I added that script and that. It will not be perfect, it's because I can't verify the userid sudo access, I can't reset their password as well, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. AIX

sudo user access

I have installed sudo on AIX 6100-04 and want to know how do I set it up for a user to be able to run only some commands? I want to give the user the rights to only cd to certain directories and run the ls command to name a few? Are there any issues with running sudo when the user is forced to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ONLY SU Sudo access

Hello All, I want to create a script that will do ONLY su to any user on the server with hpadmin login using sudo. Can anyone let me know how can it do it. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo/root access

I'm actually working with a Ubuntu-System here and have a question about executing a command with 'sudo'. I tried and got a error message like "not allowed". After this I logged in with 'sudo -s' and typed the command without 'sudo'. This worked well. Can please somebody explain me this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Restrict SUDO Access

Linux ubuntu 3.0.0-12-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 14:56:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Hi Folks, Please help me. I am bit struck here. Here is the OS info. Linux ubuntu 3.0.0-12-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 14:56:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
17 Replies

6. Solaris

Sudo access in Solaris

Install the sudo pkg SFWsudo.tar bash#tar -xvf SFWsudo.tar bash#pkgadd -d . SFWsudo path may be /opt/sfw/bin Make entry the user name in sudoer file path of the sudoer file /opt/sfw/etc/sudoers check with the below command as a user (not as a root user) user1$... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narendiran
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo access issue

Hi, I have given access to user mwadmin in shudders file as : mwadmin ALL:NOPASSWD:/www/* /usr/* /opt/* However, not able to execute below command: sudo mkdir -p /usr/test password for mwadmin: Sorry, user mwadmin is not allowed to execute '/bin/mkdir -p /usr/test' as root. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inheriting SUDO access?

I had a question on users inheriting SUDO capabilities of another account. Let's say that there are three users A, B, and C. A has access to Sudo into B. B has access to Sudo into C. Does this give A access to sudo into B and then sudo into C. A -> B B -> C A -> B -> C ? Another example. My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbcopty
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using plink with sudo access

I have similar issue as mentioned in 167174-how-run-script-using-batch-file.html It works good, but the control is not coming back to source i tried adding exit to remote script. Thanks, Suresh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snsuresh
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
EVENTSTAT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      EVENTSTAT(8)

NAME
eventstat - a tool to measure system events. SYNOPSIS
eventstat [-rcsv_file][-nevent_count][delay [count]] DESCRIPTION
eventstat is a program that dumps the current active system events. OPTIONS
eventstat options are as follow: -h show help -n event_count only display the first event_count number of top events. -q run quietly, only really makes sense with -r option. -r csv_file output gathered data in a comma separated values file. This can be then imported and graphed using your favourite open source spread sheet. -t threshold ignore samples where the event delta per second less than the given threshold EXAMPLES
Dump events every second until stopped. sudo eventstat Dump the top 20 events every 60 seconds until stopped. sudo eventstat -n 20 60 Dump events every 10 seconds just 5 times. sudo eventstat 10 5 SEE ALSO
powertop(8) AUTHOR
eventstat was written by Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com> This manual page was written by Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). June 13, 2012 EVENTSTAT(8)