Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Using at utility on 10.8.2 not working Post 302711047 by xbin on Friday 5th of October 2012 10:40:49 AM
Old 10-05-2012
In earlier versions of OS X cron is working. You just need to create a crontab. You can test if cron is running with
Code:
sudo launchctl list | grep 'cron'
#output
379	-	com.vix.cron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not working...select utility

#!/usr/bin/bash name="$@" myname=malay #echo $myname select firstname in $name; do if ;then echo $firstname else break fi done invoking with:- ./script.sh one two three four five six seven eight nine malay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Nslookup working but ping not working at windows client

Hi Team we have created a DNS server at RHEL6.2 environment in 10.20.203.x/24 network. Everything is going well on linux client as nslookup, ping by host etc in entire subnet. We are getting problem in windows client as nslookup working as well but not ping. all the firewall is disabled and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating pbrun /bin/su not working, whenever manually it is working using putty

I am trying to automate a script where I need to use pbrun /bin/su but for some reason it is not passing thru the pbrun as my code below. . ~/.bash_profile pbrun /bin/su - content c h 1 hpsvn up file path I am executing this from an external .sh file that is pointing to this scripts file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorgejac
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Expect utility not working for Solaris 11

iam withdrawing this thread , It was my mistake I didn't read the code properly (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lftp is not working.how to replace lftp with expect utility using same .cfg file.

We have lftp command inside shell file. which is intern calling .cfg file for transferring the file from one server to other. Below command to not working. lftp -e "set net:max-retries 1; set net:reconnect-interval-base 1; put -E -O /destinationdir/inbox/ /sourcedir/test.txt; bye" -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working web service call not working with curl

Hello, Newbie here, I have a perfectly well working web service call I can issue from chrome (PC Windows 10) and get the results I want (a dimmer being turned on in Fibaro Home Center 2 at level 40) I am not allowed to post urls but the below works with http and :// and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abigbear
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies
CRON(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   CRON(8)

NAME
cron -- daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
cron [-n] [-x debugflags] DESCRIPTION
cron is normally started during system boot by rc.d(8) framework, if cron is switched on in rc.conf(5). It will return immediately so you don't have to start it with '&'. cron searches /var/cron/tabs for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd. Crontabs found are loaded into memory. cron also searches for /etc/crontab which is in a different format (see crontab(5)). Finally cron looks for crontabs in /etc/cron.d if it exists, and executes each file as a crontab. When cron looks in a directory for crontabs (either in /var/cron/tabs or /etc/cron.d) it will not process files that: - Start with a '.' or a '#'. - End with a '~' or with ``.rpmsave'', ``.rpmorig'', or ``.rpmnew''. - Are of zero length. - Their length is greater than MAXNAMLEN. cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When executing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Events such as START and FINISH are recorded in the /var/log/cron log file with date and time details. This information is useful for a num- ber of reasons, such as determining the amount of time required to run a particular job. By default, root has an hourly job that rotates these log files with compression to preserve disk space. Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab or /etc/cron.d) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted when- ever a crontab file is modified. Note that the crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. The following options are available: -x This flag turns on some debugging flags. debugflags is comma-separated list of debugging flags to turn on. If a flag is turned on, cron writes some additional debugging information to system log during its work. Available debugging flags are: sch scheduling proc process control pars parsing load database loading misc miscellaneous test test mode - do not actually execute any commands bit show how various bits are set (long) ext print extended debugging information -n Stay in the foreground and don't daemonize cron. Daylight Saving Time and other time changes Local time changes of less than three hours, such as those caused by the start or end of Daylight Saving Time, are handled specially. This only applies to jobs that run at a specific time and jobs that are run with a granularity greater than one hour. Jobs that run more fre- quently are scheduled normally. If time has moved forward, those jobs that would have run in the interval that has been skipped will be run immediately. Conversely, if time has moved backward, care is taken to avoid running jobs twice. Time changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock or timezone, and the new time is used immediately. SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the cron daemon will close and reopen its log file. This is useful in scripts which rotate and age log files. Natu- rally this is not relevant if cron was built to use syslog(3). FILES
/var/cron/tabs cron spool directory /etc/crontab system crontab file /etc/cron.d/ system crontab directory /var/log/cron log file for cron events SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> BSD
October 12, 2011 BSD